Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Car Transporting/Shipping

Anyone have any suggestions with who to use? Car is in Napa, CA and going to Houston, TX in the next few weeks. So many not so reputiable outfits out there. Care is a driver, enclosed is nice but not required. Been a few years since I had a car shipped and don't remember who I used.

Meet halfway is an option as well. Denver? Albuquerque?
      Wick
      '71 Camaro RS Project

I used Intercity Transport. They are not a broker, they own their own enclosed trucks so you know exactly who you're dealing with.

http://www.intercitylines.com/

Country Flag: United States
      I just bought and had a 91 Silverado ext. cab dually shipped from just north of San Francisco, to Cleveland. I went through uship.com for the cheapest price. I went with one of the larger brokers on there, then they farmed out the job to whoever was around there and available to make the run. Ended up being an older guy with a Kenworth and an open trailer. (not that I was requesting enclosed for a normal vehicle like that) He makes that coast to coast run weekly, carries several airstream trailers to the west coast, then picks up as many cars as he can fit for the ride back. Said those small jobs pay for his fuel for the round trip.
      Josh

1968 Firebird project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...41#post1180941

Odd question but perhaps relevant... how often is a service like this needed? I am looking for a post corporate world opportunity and would look into buying a few transport rigs
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

depending on what routes you want to do do you can stay very busy. I ship a car a year and I'm a nobody. If you hook up with with an Auction or Dealer or UShip you can be non-stop.

All the brokers on U-Ship and everywhere else ALL go the same place to secure a transporter for your load.

Centraldispatch.com

You have to be a PAID member to sign in.

All the information about the transporters is posted from insurance, complaints, loses etc. If I want a load shipped "I" can personally post it on Central Dispatch with information about the vehicle, location, ship to location and price I am willing to pay. Transporters can then contact me directly and I can allow them accept the load IF I like their feedback/price or we can negotiate the price and anything else if needed. The difference in the price the broker quotes YOU and the price they paid the transporter who secured the load on Central Dispatch is their "JUICE" and how they make a living. Sometimes it can be a little money and most times it can be LOT for someone they do not know. Central Dispatch posts, mileage, information on routes, what was asked, what was accepted, paid and more.

Some routes are cheaper than others depending on the location of the vehicle and the ship to point. "None Runner's" are HARD TO SHIP right now as there are far too many easier loads than to fool with a "None Runner" especially if it is located in the middle of nowhere or shipping to there. ALWAYS check on shipping BEFORE you buy a "None Runner" project car as that car just might be located in one of those places where NOBODY wants to pick it up and you might just have to go and get it yourself! Just like Joan always says: Always call your Broker BEFORE you buy if the vehicle is located in the middle of nowhere!

I am a member of Central Dispatch.

Having said that I DO NOT POST MY OWN LOADS for shipment on Central Dispatch. I use the same BROKER that I have used for the last 15+ years. She ships car/trucks every day, has relationships with the truckers/companies, was once a trucker herself hauling cars and knows what's going on given her experiences the car hauling industry. The $50-$75 EXTRA it costs me to use her service and her experience is WELL WORTH the cost as I am not jacking with some long haul Russian or Albanian trucker for the $50-$75 savings I "MIGHT" get!

Last time I checked there were over 40,000 vehicles currently listed on the "BOARD" needing transport. The work/need is definitely out there HOWEVER I am continually amazed at how CHEAP I get a vehicle shipped. Hauling cars is a long hard road to hoe to make a living. Can it be done? Certainly however it not something I would want to do and that includes owning the trucks. The shortage of competent driver's is HUGE and the driver's are the people that represent your shipping business. If a driver is not working NOW there's a damn good reason nobody has hired them!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

What’s it been costing to shop? Considering it for my next move.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I got a running car shipped enclosed from the Carolinas to Tampa right after the Hurricane ( it impacted the cost) in a 2 car enclosed for $800 with no waiting. It was much than dealing with a Trailer that has 6-7 cars that have to be moved around and can leak on you.

I shipped my cars from CT to southern CA with Pilot Transport. They did a flawless job and the cars showed up within 5 days.

http://www.pilottransport.com/

Keep in mind a lot of the transport industry is supporting SEMA for the next few weeks, it might be cheaper to wait til mid November.

SEMA is a pimple in size to the transport industry as a whole.
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

a lot of the Big Name shippers get tied up in January with the Big Mecom (over 3500 cars) Auction in FL and then the B-J, Russo, etc in Scottsdale

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com