Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark@lateral-dynamics View Post
      Wondering why your options are limited to the two systems you noted? As was stated above, the only real reason that Truck Arms are in pretty much any performance suspension conversation is because of NASCAR (the same folks who only introduced fuel injection a few years ago, WAY behind the technology curve). There are WAY better options out there other than the two choices you noted. If you have the knowledge and tools to pull off an IRS conversion, you probably have what it takes to do an alternative setup which may perform as good or better, with far less complexity.

Sounds like a fun project!
      Mark
      The reason for the two systems are 1st because I have a friend who runs truck arms on his s10 and he has nothing but great things to say about them. 2nd the reason for c4 irs is mostly becuase of how good it would look and I have access to a c4 I believe 44 rearend for pretty cheap.

Country Flag: United States
      One note on the truck arm suspension. It does limit how much you can lower the car unless you are willing to cut the floor for clearance. But they are very effective.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      I used a form of this suspension design on my 33 Ford a few years ago that I raced in the optima and Goodguys series. That car was reasonably fast and handled well.

Now there is a classic example of understatement!!
      You made a reporter scream like a little girl with that thing.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com