Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Jeff, we must have very similar tastes because I've been browsing for tri-5's haha. I really like that parking brake bracket. I'm going to make something like that for my Camaro. I don't like the way that I have it set up right now.

That is a super clean 67 dude!! What are your plans for that??

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I've had this part in my pile for a few years now and its been patiently awaiting its turn to be installed. Let's call that day Yesterday!

Name:  Sway Bar May 2021.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  295.4 KB

The ugly rusty part is a sway bar from a late 80's Camaro. It took some fabrication time to whip up some frame brackets and by end of day I had one side in and the other welded up and cooling off. Should have it all in and buttoned up for the long weekend ahead. Maybe now the door handles won't hit the ground on a tight left hander...

Oh, and yes I know the bolt is too long - came with the kit. I've got the correct length on my desk. I had to use a shorter spacer due to lack of room. Heck, I may even paint the bar before I button it all up.

jeff

So, in 6+ months I've managed to get 3/4 of my side glass installed. The Camaro was a bigger distraction than I thought!!!

This was my learning experience putting side glass in. Not helping too much was the supplier who shipped me the wrong tinted glass but stepped up big time to make it right.

While inside the doors and rear panels I made sure to add the requisite amount of sound deadening. Installed all new window crank mechanisms, seals, window channels and fur strips ensuring this will be the last time I have to deal with this. The doors got new weatherstripping and now close like a Cadillac.

Name:  Aug 2021 Window install 01.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  327.3 KB

My distraction courtesy of Ryan.

Decided to spruce up the engine bay a little bit (before and after). As usual I got carried away. I'm still getting carried away and should probably start a thread for this as well. It's going to be a stealth style PT project. I'm piecing together a JL8 inspired braking system and have my eye on the new Tremec 5 speed, and am planning a vintage looking 383 stroker so I can save the number matching block and parts.

I guess this is why it takes 6 months to install side glass...
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com