Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Designed and burned a set of mounting brackets for the Taurus fan onto the original style '55 radiator. Got it all mocked up and installed for its test fit.

Needed to trim the 90 degree elbow for the throttle body but it all fits in there and looks pretty good. This gets me oh so much closer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The driveshaft got picked up last week and is sitting in my living room awaiting its turn for install. Need to finish plumbing the rear brakes first. Its always something!

Every time I cross out the last item on my current punch list its just a reminder that its time for a new one. Got to get writing the next chapter.

Radiator and fan installed for hopefully the last time.

Time to finish up the air intake version 25 or so. Who knows what it will end up being now.

Four day weekend offered lots of quality garage time. Focus was on fabricating an airbox.

A while back (like 2 years) I bought a rectangular air filter element for a Toyota even though I don't own one. It was the approximate size and shape I wanted. Figured they would be plentiful ten years from now as well.

Armed with a few pieces of 18g sheetmetal I set out to create the vision in my head. By the end of Saturday night I had the hole cut into the inner fenderwell and the lower box nearly complete.

Short garage day on Sunday but managed to eek out the concept for the upper box to throttle body. Its mostly comprised of an exhaust tube u-bend that got sectioned, well, its actually mostly comprised of yellow tape for now...

Should have this top piece done by the end of this weekend.

My list of things to do before the first drive is getting shorter!

Country Flag: United States

I like your airbox and intake. If you were to swap over to a "blade" style MAF, that would certainly simplify the tube part.

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I am looking at the same area to add a filter to my 58' build.
    How will that handle water? puddles or rain? we had a lot on this years Power Tour.
    Can a deflector be fabbed to limit water but allow air? Maybe a louvered Plate to cover it?

Sometimes Figuring how to fit it is harder than building it, looks good.
    Wayne
    Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
    Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Chirus View Post
    I am looking at the same area to add a filter to my 58' build.
    How will that handle water? puddles or rain? we had a lot on this years Power Tour.
    Can a deflector be fabbed to limit water but allow air? Maybe a louvered Plate to cover it?
    At some point I need to fab up a water / dirt / small child shield. Its on the list of things to do before I bolt the fender back on. Its a long list...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    I like your airbox and intake. If you were to swap over to a "blade" style MAF, that would certainly simplify the tube part.

Andrew
    Andrew, can you shed some light on this 'blade' style? I was planning on replacing the MAF anyways.

Jeff

Spent some quality garage time converting tape-to-metal. My material of choice is a 4" diameter exhaust pipe u-bend and what will no doubt be a supply of sheet stock.

Stage 1 was easy; short section of straight welded to a curve with a bunch of material cut away.

Step 2 adds in another piece of the exhaust pipe bend to make the transition. I've since welded the seams and am at stage 3 but no pics today.

No too bad for a cutoff wheel and some hammers and dollys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3