Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello from New Jersey

Just want to say hello. Been browsing and searching the site for a while so I decided to join. Currently working on a 71 Chevelle convertible. Its getting a LSA/T56 swap so I'm sure I'll have some questions for those have done it before. Thanks, Don

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome what part of Jersey you from? I’m in Morganville. It’s nice to have people on the east coast who are interested in pro touring cars not just stock trailer queens

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Welcome what part of Jersey you from? I’m in Morganville. It’s nice to have people on the east coast who are interested in pro touring cars not just stock trailer queens
      I'm in Morganville as well! Small world.

I'm in Monroe Township. 10 minutes from E-town. Was my home away from home. Just trying to build something that will be a better driver than previous builds. Not a track car but something that will run , stop and steer a little more like my 5th gen Supercharged Camaro.

Welcome!
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

I’m working on an LSA TR6060 69 Camaro. If you need any help, measurements, advice let me know. Link to my build is in my signature.

Cheveezy, you working on anything fun?

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      I’m working on an LSA TR6060 69 Camaro. If you need any help, measurements, advice let me know. Link to my build is in my signature.

Cheveezy, you working on anything fun?
      I have a 65 Chevelle that I'm working on. Not all out pro-touring but I do have UMI suspension all the way around, 4 wheel disc, 9" rear, etc.Name:  20180901_190712.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  205.9 KB

Welcome aboard! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveezy View Post
      I have a 65 Chevelle that I'm working on. Not all out pro-touring but I do have UMI suspension all the way around, 4 wheel disc, 9".....H]
      Sounds PT to me. Looks awesome
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Sounds PT to me. Looks awesome
      Thanks. It's a work in progress, paint is a 20 footer, under carriage is done along with suspension and drivetrain. Paint, body and wiring will get done next winter.

Yay more Jersey guys. I'm in Somerville. LSA upgrade is my winter project so I might need your guidance on the right parts.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

Cheveezy that's a nice looking 65.

thedugan what car will be getting the LSA? And I guess you've been to the Somerville cruise nights. Some of my coworkers go there, Ive never been there but I've heard its pretty good.

Agree thats a slick 65.

67 Camaro with an LS2. Planning todo LS3 heasds and CTS-V blower.. That's the expected plan right now but I still need to assemble parts.

Terry (coverman66) youtube channel has been my inspiration. Made great power . he did his in a 71 malibu I think.

I don't go to somerville with the car very often. Was there once this summer. It is a great night when the weather is good, lot of cars.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.

Doug my plan was to get an LS3 and add the blower. i decided to sell 2 of my cts-v blowers i had in stock and just buy the LSA motor instead. By the time i bought the lid, injectors,rails, tune etc. it just seemed easier to buy the complete package.

And yes i've seen that guy Terry on youtube. He's awesome. Cracks me up watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Volks View Post
      Doug my plan was to get an LS3 and add the blower. i decided to sell 2 of my cts-v blowers i had in stock and just buy the LSA motor instead. By the time i bought the lid, injectors,rails, tune etc. it just seemed easier to buy the complete package.

And yes i've seen that guy Terry on youtube. He's awesome. Cracks me up watching him.
      Using an LSA engine is a smart move. It has many improvements over a standard LS3.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Using an LSA engine is a smart move. It has many improvements over a standard LS3.

Andrew
      Agree. Having the Ls2, fully wired, running, and driving is what's stopping me from buying a LSA crate motor and dropping it in. Maybe Ill rethink my plan. Anyway good to see group of local guys all working on similar projects.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.

This 71 Chevelle convertible I'm building has been on the back burner for too long. I actually bought it from a friend in 2000. It sat around for a few years and then I put full quarters, wheelhouses, doors and all new front end sheetmetal on it in 2005. Then I got tied up with other projects and it sat in the garage untill last year. I put a full floor and trunk in it and then got tied up with other cars again. Lol. So now with all other projects out of the way I figured it was the right time to finish building it. And I'm not building another big block non overdrive musclecar this time. Also having a 2010 Camaro with a Maggie on it started the whole LS swap thing. So now I'm committed as my motor is ordered and should be shipped tomorrow. Should get interesting..

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Volks View Post
      This 71 Chevelle convertible I'm building has been on the back burner for too long. I actually bought it from a friend in 2000. It sat around for a few years and then I put full quarters, wheelhouses, doors and all new front end sheetmetal on it in 2005. Then I got tied up with other projects and it sat in the garage untill last year. I put a full floor and trunk in it and then got tied up with other cars again. Lol. So now with all other projects out of the way I figured it was the right time to finish building it. And I'm not building another big block non overdrive musclecar this time. Also having a 2010 Camaro with a Maggie on it started the whole LS swap thing. So now I'm committed as my motor is ordered and should be shipped tomorrow. Should get interesting..

Don
      Should be badass!

Well my engine, trans, clutch and bellhousing kit, and harness package showed up today. Didn't think I'd get it until next week. So now I need to get my mounts and oil pan ordered to mock this thing up. So what's the easiest way to post pics on this sight?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com