Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Playing with AutoCAD

I was playing around with differant looks for my GTO. I rolled the A pillar back 10 degrees and sectioned the body 2". Also lowered the car to add to the look. I think it looks pretty good, but would never work in real life driving.
      :3gears: Rob Jones Project "Wild Goat"

Looks cool. I drew a 1970 442 cutlass using autocad when I was just out of high school. I drew my truck completely in 3d with several parts that are removable. Transparent hood to see the engine. Its pretty fun to mess with. Did you make yours 3D?
      edit: you could send that to larry or someone and they could cut it out on a CNC machine.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
      Looks cool. I drew a 1970 442 cutlass using autocad when I was just out of high school. I drew my truck completely in 3d with several parts that are removable. Transparent hood to see the engine. Its pretty fun to mess with. Did you make yours 3D?
      edit: you could send that to larry or someone and they could cut it out on a CNC machine.

I want to make into a 3D model. But for the past 10 years. I've only done 2D. I'm just starting to mess with the 3D aspect of AutoCAD. Can you give me any hints on what to do?
      :3gears: Rob Jones Project "Wild Goat"

I taught myself everything I know about 3d in autocad. The way I did it was just start with a simple polyline or square. Then hit extrude. It will ask for a path or height. For now just put any number in to see how it looks. Then change view to see your object in 3D. If you want even more fun just type in "hide" or "render".
      That will be a great start for you. If you have the Autocad book that came with it, you can read about the 3d portion and it will also help a lot. If you need any further help.
      Some other terms that will help are:
      -boolean
      -slice
      -revolve
      If you or anyone else has questions feel free to ask.
      I have to admit that Autocad is not that great of a 3d product. There are some amazing software programs for 3D now.
      My final suggestion woudl be for you to set something in front of you with measurements and try to draw it in 3D.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com