Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Kwiklift - Anyone have one? Pros/Cons

I apologize if this has been posted before - I searched and found nothing. I have a Pro-tour '68 Camaro that is a PITA to get on jackstands safely. I have a low profile jack that is still too high to get under the front end until I get the back high enough first and on jack stands. Then I can get the front up from the side, which is unsafe as the jack "walks" the car to the side twisting the rear on the jackstands. 2-post lift will not work as I have a center beam in the garage - 4 post is expensive and may or may not go high enough because of that center beam to the 1st lock. I found this which seems very feasible for my issue and wondering if any of you have one and could please comment.
      Thanks - Greg
      https://www.kwik-lift.com/products/kwik-lift/

'68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

I dont have any experience with that lift but How high is that center bean? they do have the low profile 2 post lifts that run the cables on the ground instead of up top. Thats what i got and can fits with 10ft ceilings

Don’t know kwik lift but the problem I would have with it is I wouldn’t be able to change tires or brakes since the car drives up on the lift. I have the quick jack system and it works really well for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn0331 View Post
      I dont have any experience with that lift but How high is that center bean? they do have the low profile 2 post lifts that run the cables on the ground instead of up top. Thats what i got and can fits with 10ft ceilings
      I have a center beam I am worried about plus I only have 9 ft ceilings in the garage
      Quote Originally Posted by 52Muntz View Post
      Don’t know kwik lift but the problem I would have with it is I wouldn’t be able to change tires or brakes since the car drives up on the lift. I have the quick jack system and it works really well for my needs.
      I have side exit exhaust that might be an issue. I was also afraid of those at the thought of one side failing on the way up or down

Kwiklift - Anyone have one? Pros/Cons

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post

I have side exit exhaust that might be an issue. I was also afraid of those at the thought of one side failing on the way up or down
      Side exhaust shouldn’t be an issue as long as you have a spot inboard of the exhaust you can jack from. Regarding failures, it has mechanical locking points so that if there is a failure it can’t come all the way down. When I jack my car up it rests on the mechanical locks and not hydraulic pressure - similar to a 2 or 4 post lift.

I have the race ramp portable pit stop ramps. These are lightweight and modular. You can also pull the center sections out after its up on the ramps to easily roll under the car on a creeper. They cost more but I think they are more versatile.

https://raceramps.com/car-ramps/gara...l-length-lift/

Name:  Race ramps.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  72.7 KB

69 Cougar
      Schwartz Chassis
      5.0 Coyote
      T-56 Magnum 6 Speed
      Baer Brakes

I'm looking into the max jax, it's on sale right now.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/dannmar-m-6-certified.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHD View Post
      I'm looking into the max jax, it's on sale right now.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/dannmar-m-6-certified.html
      Maxjax looks cool and decent price, but how would you pull the car in and still be able to open the door to get out?

Quote Originally Posted by lxg44 View Post
      I have the race ramp portable pit stop ramps. These are lightweight and modular. You can also pull the center sections out after its up on the ramps to easily roll under the car on a creeper. They cost more but I think they are more versatile.

https://raceramps.com/car-ramps/gara...l-length-lift/

Name:  Race ramps.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  72.7 KB
      Those look really nice but man they are expensive

Country Flag: Virgin Islands
      I have owned a kwik-lift for the past twelve years and I love it, as long as you have a floor jack that works you don’t have to worry about mechanical failures, and with the center lift bridge you can take both front or rear tires off the car to work on brakes or suspension while sitting down. Everything under the vehicle is open, free from obstuctions so dropping the trasmission, drive shaft, starter or changing oil, trans fluid, rear gear lube is so much nicer than doing them with the car on jack stands. And when your not using the lift for working on your vehicle lay it flat and park on it. You don’t loose a stall and half or more like you do with a 2 or 4 post lift and you don’t need 12 ft+ ceilings either. I feel it was one of my wiser purchases.

You just need to drive onto some 2X6 before jacking the car and you will probably have enough clearance for the jack and jack stands. Most of us need to. If that is not enough you can stack them or buy race ramps. I don't like the quick jacks because you have no access to from the sides and can't work on the brakes or suspension without more jacks and jack stands.

I actually went a totally different route - Got the new Bend-Pak Grandprix 7lcs 2 post lift meant for low ceilings for a couple more bucks. Installed it myself and works like a dream - couldn't be happier!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com