Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 RS front valence lights

Hi All, this is my first post but i have an issue. My original RS front valence had a big dent on the front/center body line. I opted to purchase a new one but not having the car painted, i see the lights do not mount. Has anyone else seen something like this and what did you do to fix it?

Regards,
      Joshua

P.S. having technical difficulties getting pic to upload.

Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by billmanj1979; 10-03-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Add pic

67 and 68 RS lamps have different housings. Your valence is for the 68 housings and lenses. Is it possible that you have the 67 housings?

You can trim the mounting bracket and they should work

Quote Originally Posted by btmatt View Post
      67 and 68 RS lamps have different housings. Your valence is for the 68 housings and lenses. Is it possible that you have the 67 housings?

You can trim the mounting bracket and they should work
      I don't think so. My housing matches the 68 camaro assembly manual and if you search classic industries c606 and c608 you will see what i have. To me it looks like the panel was not formed correctly and maybe if I rig up a device to bend it more vertical the housing will mount in correctly.

BUT that will mean the paint will likely crack and require re-spray anyway.

I was just curious if anyone else had this experience with OER.

Regards,
      J

my bad. older i get the more feeble my memory gets. i remembered the housing mounting horizontally on the upper flange.
      went to the garage and sure enough it is vertical as you noted. bummer on the panel

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com