Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

'95 F-150 track ready street beast

It's finally time to kick off my own build thread. It would be a gross understatement to say that I'm excited. Admittedly, I've been a long time lurker here, but only just created an account as I didn't feel I could add any value until now. I want to say that I look forward to seeing all your suggestions and comments as I go. I love creative criticism and feedback.

I am starting with a bone stock 1995 F-150. One owner with only 97,000 miles. But the desert hasn't been kind to the wiring, plastic, or rubber parts. It was passed on the me by an incredible old man that left us in January this year. The truck sat in my driveway further wasting away and no solid offers came so it never sold. As these things do, a wild, alcohol induced conversation started about what could be done. Naturally, all my years lurking here and growing up at the racetrack led me to plan a pretty ambitious build. Somehow my family said "DO IT" and so here we are. Unfortunately this chassis gets exactly ZERO love from anyone outside of the off-road community so I'm on my own.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_160944.jpg 
Views:	6678 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	157032

There it is not long after it was purchased new. This is the dirt mountain road heading up to Crown King, AZ where our family cabin is. This
      is how I got the truck, aside from the terrible clear coat (AZ is mean as hell to paint) .

After seeing the Targa Truck, C10R, and HellBoy, I knew it was time to return to the road course and autocross world and this little Truck would take me there. This was further solidified after a chance encounter with Mark Allen while at a local show creeping on others' builds. He's an awesome guy and I hope to meet many more of you!

So here is the deal: I'm 27 and I was literally born into racing. I've worked at Vorshlag, Stett Performance, and Eurosport(gotta start somewhere) along with doing a few builds for friends. I've never done a build just for me and this is going to challenge everything I think I know. I'm looking to you all to help me along and we can make this thing awesome! For the record I learned about trucks by rebuilding a '69 F100 as a little kid so getting to build a Ford F-series is kinda cool in that sense.

The plan

Engine: Duffee Motorsports is building out the original block. 408 forged stroker kit, big solid roller cam, high flowing heads, Holley 351w Hi-Ram, etc

Chassis: Full independent suspension. Crown Vic IFS and Mark VIII IRS. I'm setting it all up myself. No kit here.

Transmission: Modern Driveline built TKO 600. Mid mounted shifter. Puts power through a mustang clutch and flywheel.

Body: I want to learn composites really bad. These body panels and large and mostly flat, but HEAVY! Things will get cut off and changed regardless.

Suspension: Looks like ridetech is my only good option now, but I'd like to work with a couple companies I've used for customer builds. Adjustable coil overs are the desire here.

Interior: NRG quick release wheel, Sparco Evo II US seats, G Force cam-loc 6pt harnesses, full custom dash, and full roll cage. I plan to get rowdy and live to embellish the tale.

Electronics: Being young I love technology and I want it all. I threw the Holley catalog at this thing. Full Dominator system (ouch!) including their digital dash. This also converts me over to many GM sensors (GASP! on a Ford?) including a 92mm LS throttle body. But tuning and replacement parts just got WAY more accessible.

Areo: Vented hood, low wing or Nascar style spoiler, deleted bumpers for at least a splitter if not a diffuser too.

I think that about covers it for now. I'll get everything together for an upload to bring you all up to speed. This post is about 2 months behind me. I'll start to point out areas of concern and stuff I can't decide on. Just for a teaser here is what is coming up next...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180924_224327 resize.jpg 
Views:	5629 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	157034

-Sean

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com