Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Ls7 header size help needed

I have my build posted here on Pro-Touring. I have a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am that I performed an LS7 swap on with a T-56 6-speed. The problem is that I do not have enough ground clearance and have made some contact on occasion. I have raised the ride height, but I still need more room. I will need to replace these headers with a new set that provides more room. I would rather stay with a long tube if possible, but it might come down to a mid-length version. A lot of mid-length headers are 1-3/4" and I feel that might be too small on an LS7. The engine is 430 cubic inches. It has Brodix BR7 LS7 heads with 265 cc intake runners, a Comp Cam custom hydraulic roller with 630/640 lift, 226/242 duration at .050 on a 115 LSA advanced 3 degrees. The headers are Hedman 1-7/8" long tubes with a 3" collector and 3" cats, running into a 3" Dr. Gas X pipe with 2.5" Borla mufflers and tail pipes. This combination has produced 482 RWHP, AND 484 RWTQ. The car is incredibly fast, and has a HUGE flat torque curve. I'm looking for feedback from members on this. I don't want to wind up losing power on my set up. Thanks.
      1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

Aren't the front frame section of those cars basically the same as second gen f-bodies? If that is true, maybe these will work:

https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p.../70201308-RHKR

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I have 1-7/8 on my LS7. 560 RWHP.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I have 1-7/8 on my LS7. 560 RWHP.

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com