Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

North Georgia Cruise through the Mountains III

North Georgia Cruise through the Mountains III

NOVEMBER 10TH IS THE TENTATIVE DATE

This is a non-racing / non-track gathering in the North Georgia mountains. It will be an opportunity for friends to come together to hang out for a day, do some driving and grab some chow together. Let me know if you are interested. The route will center around the Chattahoochee National Forest (Dahlonega / Suches / Amicalola Falls). No racing, no track time, etc. Just cruising through some fun roads and hanging out, great scenery with a meal or two fit in.

We would meet in the Walmart parking lot at 270 Walmart Way, Dahlonega, GA 30533 maybe around 9.30am, with the goal of leaving around 10am. We'll run some twisty roads and then grab some lunch (possibly at the same brewery in Blue Ridge that we went to last year). That would take about 1.5 hours plus a few stops (we’d build in a few as there are some nice places to check out the view, and to watch other cars go by). That would put us in Blue Ridge at noon for lunch.

After lunch (say around 1.30pm), we’d come back down 60 to Wolfpen Gap Country Store to stretch and get ready to run a few more twisty roads. Then take hwy 180 through Vogel State Park until it hits 19, then head south to blood mountain country store for another stretch. Then take 19 south to Turner’s Corner, and back towards Dahlonega where we could stop to fuel up if anyone needs (and get drinks / etc). From there, we’d head over to either 575 or down 400 and grab dinner. That would take about 3.5 hours including stops, putting us at the restaurant around 5pm-6pm.

After that, we’d all go our separate ways.

Hoping for at least 10-15 people, otherwise we can push it later. Let me know if you're interested.

Yes, I am interested. Perhaps I can convince some others as well to come along.

I was looking on the site yesterday and I actually came across your post from last year.

bump

Did this cruise through the mountains event happen already btw?

No, it is set for Saturday November 10th, pending good weather.

looks like we might be postponing this years cruise

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com