Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

TKO 600 Install.."the bolt"

I've read all the articles, but WTF is going on with that top right hand bolt for the tranny to bellhousing on the tremec??? I have a lift, no worries..I got the tranny slide in, all good...start the bolts, and that top bolt...It must have been designed by a crazy man. I tried the normal bolt, but you can get a socket on it...SO I went with the allen bolt...I did not have an allen socket to fit, so I bought one. It does not fit..... i guess you need the allen socket that is 12" long..My god...I ended up cutting an allen wrench 3/8" long, and using a 3/8" open ended wrench to get that bolt in.....Tell me I am an idiot...that's cool...I missed somehting...but, this worked for me...but it took 20 mins. to get it all buttoned up with the space limitations and 1/8 of a turn I could get on it without resetting the wrench for the next rotational start....Then, when all tight, used a pipe on the 3/8" wrench to tighten it up....sketchy, but I could not figure out another way....Interested to hear what others did...

I found a fastener that looked like an oversized header bolt.

We always end up using an open end wrench on that one with a flange head bolt. If you can get everything lined up where you can thread it most of the way by hand it's not too bad to finish off with the wrench, but yeah, I feel your pain.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Thanks Craig. I feel betta now...LOL.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com