Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

lt1 fuel return line question

i am new at building lt1 motors and dont quite understand somthing maybe u can help me out.

do lt1 fuel injection motors need a return line? for some reason i think i saw on some post that they do so i was going to run a fuel sump on my stock tank and run a msd elecric fuel pump but i dont know if i need that sump if i dont need a return line?

Country Flag: United States
      You do need a return line. I used the factory return line on my Monte for it. Factory LT1 cars use 5/16 line.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

ya thats what i thought thanks il have to get that sump becuase it has a return line an fitting on it and my stock tank dose not becuase the motor is goin in to a 65 chevelle

Can you guys post pics of your LT1 installs? I'm doing the same right now and need some ideas and inspiration to keep making progress.

My guess is the opening in the tank is the same as what the Monte is. Couldn't you just get a sending unit from something with fuel injection & use the return connection from it & run the line in the same fashion as the feed line?

Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

i could but i dont belive it is that simple. ill just run the sump run the line to my fuel rails and then run a line from the other rail to the fuel pressuer regulator and from the regulator to the return line coming out of the sump

Quote Originally Posted by Derek69SS
      Can you guys post pics of your LT1 installs? I'm doing the same right now and need some ideas and inspiration to keep making progress.

i have not installed mine yet im still getting things ready so i can install it

here is a pic of the motor but all the goodies that go on it are not on in this pic

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com