Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Fuel Line for 1981 Corvette LS1

Im at a stage in my project where its time to start the fuel lines. I have a full pro-touring project for a 1981 corvette, and the only thing ill be using from that original car is the body for the most part. I have a new SRIII frame, LS1, T56, Viper diff, C6 front suspension, C5 rear suspension.

I have everything on the frame in full roller now, and ready to start brake and fuel lines.

Any recommendation on two parts of this:

1) Inline fuel pump or new EFI tank with the pump inside

and

2) recommendations for Fuel lines.

Ive run aluminum for the fuel, and im hating it, so tearing that out. Its kinked in a few places already, so just know that will be an issue down the road for me if I dont change it now when the body is off.

This will basically stay mostly stock LS1, so no heavy HP increasing mods. Just mostly a much more modern, reliable and fun daily driver.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Country Flag: United States
      I would do in tank fuel pump and stock 3/8" size fuel line.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

On my 71 C3 LS1 swap I used -6 SS line from back to front. C5 FFR mount close to the tank. 044 Bosch external pump mounted near the tank. Worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
      I would do in tank fuel pump and stock 3/8" size fuel line.
      I agree.

I worked on the C5 and C6 fuel systems when I worked for Bosch. We ran 3/8" lines on all the LS engines and upgraded to stainless starting with C6. I would recommend using hard stainless steel lines from this tank to the engine to avoid problems with alcohol blend fuels. Stainless is not cheap, but will never need to be replaced. We used benders from Swagelok for any prototype and test work. They work very well and deliver smooth and predictable bends every time.

I'll second in tank pump. I am using stock ls1 fbody pump with vetteworks mount. I originally had an external with braided stainless line. I believe they were cheaper no Teflon lined and they emitted fuel smell in my garage. I redid them in 3/8 copper nickel with AN (-6AN). CuNi bends and cuts nicely, no leaks or smells.

Another option I the GM nylon fuel line...
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

I'll second in tank pump. I am using stock ls1 fbody pump with vetteworks mount. One line and no additional fuel pressure reg ( fbody has one built in). I originally had an electrical external (NOISEY) with braided stainless lines. I believe they were cheaper no Teflon lined and they emitted fuel smell in my garage. I redid them in 3/8 copper nickel with AN (-6AN). CuNi bends and cuts nicely, no leaks or smells.

Another option is the GM nylon fuel line...
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com