Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

TKO600 Noise in 66 Biscayne

I just had a TKO600 kit installed. New bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, hydraulic clutch conversion all from american powertrain.

When the car is sitting still it sounds perfect, when I start to push in on the clutch it makes a vibrating noise (its a hard noise to describe) car still runs perfect. Smooth shifting and clutch seems to work perect.

Any ideas?

Country Flag: United States
      Does it ONLY make the noise when your pushing the clutch pedal in? Or is the noise present at other times?
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Makes the noise while driving too. Again, no vibrations are noticeable. Car still drives 100% perfect minus the noise.

When the car is cold, the noise is not there. It takes a few minutes for the noise to start.

There is only 150 miles on the entire kit BTW. Could this be something breaking in?

Nope. Bad pilot or bad release bearing.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

I'm leaning more towards release bearing. My initial thought was bellhousing misalignment, but if you're saying that the clutch engages and releases smooth and it shifts ok I would then have to lean towards the release bearing.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

I found the issue. The flywheel was just veryvery slightly rubbing the inspection cover of the bellhousing! Add a stainless washer and a spacer and we are now good to go!

gotta love those easy fixes.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com