Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Happy to be here with my '72 Mach 1, '74 F100, and '63 Riviera

Hi, My name is Lucas, I've been checking out the site off and on mostly when doing Google searches for autocross/handling stuff for my truck, but finally decided to join up. I grew up in a drag racing family (they still are), but did my first autocross about 20 years ago in a 1988 5.0 I used to have, and got hooked. I've been building most of my stuff in the pro-touring style since then, but also like to do old school cruisers, bombs, drag cars, etc. I live in Missoula, MT and am the service controller at the local Chevy/Caddy dealership, even though I'm technically kind of a "Ford guy".....

My current crop of rides include my 1972 Mach 1 (my first car I bought at age 12 in 1992), my daily driver/beater/racetruck 1974 F100, a 1963 Riviera, and a 1970 Coupe Deville.

The Mustang used to have a nitroused Cleveland in it, but I blew that up on the way back to my 10 year class reunion. After that, I decided to get a little more serious and built a 552" stroker for it with a C6, put some ADDCO sway bars on, KYBs, subframe connectors, some drilled and slotted rotors on the front, disc brake conversion on the back, 18" Ridlers with Nitto 555s, yadayada.....It used to be my autocross rig, but with the big engine it's a little unruly even in 3rd (dyno'd at 673 hp and 748 ft-lbs.), so it's basically been set aside for my F100 as far as autocross goes.

My F100 is literally my daily driver in sun, rain, snow, whatever, from -30 degrees to 110 above. It also tows trailers, drag races (ran 14s with the last engine, hoping for low 13s with the new one), and is my main autocross rig. Right now it has a Promaxx aluminum headed 396" Ford FE in it I just finished up building last month with a C6 trans. It's got ADDCO front and rear bars, KYBs, a Competition Engineering panhard, chopped front springs on the stock I-beams, a half flip with Crown Suspension shackles on the back, 18" Ridlers for daily driving duty, 15" steelies with whitewalls and Moondiscs I run in the winter. I've got a set of F1 Assymetric take offs from a 'Vette I'll be putting on some rims for racing next year. I run it in the SSM class, and it does pretty well for what it is, definitely (luckily) not an embarrassment out there.

My Riv is really more of a show car, but I drive the wheels off it. It's lowered 4", the Nailhead is built pretty healthy, it's got 20" rims with F1 Asymmetrics on it, but still for the foreseeable future will be keeping it's stock aluminum drums, steering etc.

My Caddy, well, it definitely doesn't belong on this site, but I'll share a couple pics of it just because haha.....

I do all my own building, whether it be engines, transmissions, suspension, paint and body, etc., mostly because I can't afford to have anyone else do it hahaha......Anyway, happy to be here, and I'm really looking forward to sharing and learning mainly about my F100, some of my Mach 1, and maybe a little of the Riviera, too. Thanks, and hopefully I'll be able to help some guys out along the way, and am excited to learn myself!

Lucas
      Attached Images Attached Images                
      Lucas Johnson

1972 Mach 1 552", my first car
      1974 F100 daily beater/race truck. 396" aluminum headed Ford FE
      1963 Riviera, 401" Nailhead, low and slow cruiser
      1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville, 472" road trip car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com