Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Battery positive wires

I was looking for some different options/ advice on where to hook up all of my battery positive wires (fans, compressor for air bags, door locks ect). I was going to run a battery cable from the starter to a painless junction box with 8 terminals for battery positive wires to u Del the dash. I don’t think I’m going to be able to get a second 1/0 size wire on the starter. Can I run a smaller wire? What are some other options y’all have done on your cars? Thanks

Last edited by andrewb70; 09-24-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Country Flag: United States
      I run 2ga for all of my builds. (+) & (-) to the front of the car. I also use 2ga for my charge cable. I've also started running an 8ga pair front to rear for my sensitive electronics. (i.e. ECM, TCM,etc)
      Eric Evans

Awesome! Thanks

Is your battery in the trunk or under the hood?
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

2ga has proven to be too small for my application, new Hemi with the battery in the trunk. I get a good 1.2v drop while cranking at the starter through the B+ cable.

I'd go bigger...I only have a single B+ wire on my starter, I have a firewall pass through that feeds the rest of the car.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

My battery is under the hood. I ended up running from the battery to a post next to the battery. From there I ran a wire to the starter and another 0/1 wire to a post inside the car to run my constants.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com