Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

James Otto's Chevelle rendering

Hey all, I just wrapped up a multi view rendering for Jame Otto and wanted to share. For those of you who don't know him, besides family James Otto has two serious passions, sharing his incredible voice in the country music world and tearing up autoX tracks in his Grand-dad's old Chevy pickup "For Pete's Sake". When James was young he had a green '72 Chevelle that never got away. Well he's now got it out to play again and is building a tribute to that original car, but this time it's way warmed over. I had the great opportunity to work with him on all the design work and here are the final renderings.

It's a unique build, keeping it low key with a stock-ish feel but plenty of upgrades and mods. It Includes a Roadster Shop full chassis, Forgeline custom wheels that will then go into full production, big Baer Brakes, a very unique LS intake system breathing through K&N Filters sealed off to the hood, custom billet turn signal bezels that actually function as vents, custom front bumper and air dam mods, and a subtle rear diffuser and spoiler. Interior includes TMI Products seats and door panels with subtle custom touches, ridetech Tiger cage, a custom billet steering wheel that resembles the original, and a custom Dash with Speedhut Custom Gauges. I'm probably missing some cool details but you get the idea.

Check out more from James and partner Brian Finch with their new Music City Muscle rod shop!

-Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Good work Ben!

Thanks Bill!

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm curious $$$$$ Something similar but a 70
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Hey Ryan, on rendering projects like this I charge $399 U.S. for one view, $649 for two, and $250 each for any additional views. That includes design time and revisions to play with things like body mods, paint/ stripes, etc. Half down gets a project on my schedule and then we settle up the balance when we're done. Depending on how many ideas we explore a project will take about 2-3 weeks to complete.

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Hey Ryan, on rendering projects like this I charge $399 U.S. for one view, $649 for two, and $250 each for any additional views. That includes design time and revisions to play with things like body mods, paint/ stripes, etc. Half down gets a project on my schedule and then we settle up the balance when we're done. Depending on how many ideas we explore a project will take about 2-3 weeks to complete.
      Hmmm, not bad at all. I know we'd been talking about this on FB, but I might need something shortly after I get some of my home equity money in a little over a month.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Looks great Ben, nice work as always!
      Hope to pick up our conversation where we left off in about a month also.

Hey Josh- I love that tag line about the HOA, me too. ;) Yep would love to get that Firebird rolling, and doing an Edsel rendering would be a lot of fun!!

Rich- Yep there's a soft spot for me with your truck, so I'm looking forward to working with you. :D

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com