Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

NEW TKO Install- (Grease what?)

Hey guys, in the final stages of my swap. Was wondering what people were doing with regard to applying grease to the trans shaft, throw out bearing, and possibly a light coating on the trans splines. So far, all i have greased is the trans fork pivot point, and a touch on the TOB retainer clip edges. For these I used a synthetic mobil one grease. Should I use brake grease on the TOB and shaft, etc... or skip the grease all together or use the synthetic...A lot of conflicting information....Although I do know to apply sparingly whatever I do....Don't want to contaminate the clutch...which is a standard disc setup...

Thanks in advance..

JR

I think there may be specific "spline grease" but I just LIGHTLY brush on Mobil 1 synthetic and it seems to work well

Don’t put grease on the input shaft. There is a specific dry powder graphite for this purpose.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

You definitely do not want to grease the input shaft. Whatever you put on there will fly off as soon as it spins with the engine. Even be careful if you're running a roller input bearing not to add any more lube than necessary, a little dab'll do ya!

visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com