Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

new HD anti squat leaf spring bracket

Here is PTFB's new heavy duty anti squat front leaf spring bracket for your 2nd gen F-body.

Features:
      - HD 3/16" steel.
      - two position mounting holes, to alter instant center (anti squat) can be used in conjunction with PTFB HD shackles for even greater IC adjustment.
      - bottom hole is in stock location top hole is raised 7/8".
      - moves the spring inboard 1/4-5/16" for additional tire to spring clearance facilitating fitment of 315 tires without mini-tubs.
      - Can accept reversed eye leaf springs.
      Part# 2CS-451 $199.00/Pr. (intro price till end of Sept. 18) Reg. price $229.00

Please keep in mind the pics are of the pre-production trial fit, we are cutting them this week and will be available next week.

Thank you
      Dave PTFB
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Pretty cool. I got the Global West ones a while back, but they only raise up by 3/4" and don't move anything inboard. But I will say they definitely do reduce squat significantly, so I'd imagine at 7/8" on yours, probably would even do a little better.

$199... that's a pretty good deal too...
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

ULTM8TZ, I brought this up on the TAC forum as well. These new PTFB pieces also look much more sturdy compared to the Global West mounts.

Agreed, these look very well constructed. but I will say the GW are pretty stout too... though if these were out at the time I bought my GW ones, I probably would have gotten these.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Thanks, I have much respect for Global west, we designed our 3-4 years ago, for me and what I had envisioned was a tall order to cut out all 5 pieces that make up one bracket without having direct access to a cnc cutting table. Hiring a shop just to cut one prototype part at a time would have been cost prohibitive and that is if a shop would even entertain the idea of doing it.
      So the project sat as a "future" iron in the fire, but since moving the shop to TN I have a good partner across the parking lot with a plasma table, Brian Alan Fabrication, in Dickson TN, his a drag racer that has helped me finish some long over due new product.

pic of bracket installed with leaf spring mounted in the top hole.
      Top hole is 7/8" raised from stock and also moved inboard 1/4"
      The rear of the car will be lowered by 1/2" when the spring is mounted in the upper hole.

Name:  PTFB anti-squat brackets 002.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  151.9 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com