Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Camaro SS/ZL1/CTS-V Brembo Caliper Brackets

I've developed a set of brake brackets to bolt the Gen 5 Camaro/CTS-V/Chevy SS calipers onto A/F/X body spindles. Rear brackets have also been developed and will be released within the next month. Please see below for renderings and details and please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Current brackets available for the 5th generation Camaro /CTS-V/Chevy SS calipers leave a lot to be desired in terms of weight, simplicity, and strength. 6061-T6 aluminum is very common among these parts as it is cheap and easily sourced, but these advantages are also drawbacks for performance. These pieces have been engineered with 7075-T6 aluminum alloy which is almost 2x stronger, thus allowing a stronger bracket while also decreasing weight.

Both brackets have been fully topology and FEA optimized to ensure they are safe and have the best strength/weight ratio. These pieces have been engineered to stop a 4000 lb vehicle at 1.4g (greater than any performance car currently) and maintain high fatigue stength. I guarantee this has not been done with most other brackets offered for the Gen 5 Camaro calipers, which is a scary thought for something as critical as brakes.

The front bracket is machined from a single piece of 7075-T6 aluminum and weighs only 8 ounces, while the rear bracket is 1.25 lbs and a two piece design for easier manufacturing. The rear caliper mount is 7075-T6 aluminum and the housing end/bearing retainer is 6061-T6 aluminum.

Both front and rear brackets are completely symmetric to allow for front or rear mounting depending on component clearance. Optimal performance gain is seen when both sets are mounted with the calipers nearest the center of the car, but bracket strength and braking capability is not compromised in either orientation.

The front brackets have been designed to fit the ridetech 11009300 or Speedway Motors G Comp 91035000 spindle with a Wilwood 2707037 hub, but will fit most other A/F/X body spindles that accept OE hardware. If you'd like to use these with a different hub/offset, please contact me for any custom applications. The rear brackets have been designed to fit Big Ford Late model housing ends with 2.5" offset.

My pictures of the actual machined pieces are corrupt and will not upload right now, but I will have them added soon. Please see the attached renderings.

The first production run is scheduled to be completed on 10/1.

$175 w/ free shipping within the continental US.

Attachment 156383

Attachment 156384