Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Camaro SS/ZL1/CTS-V Brembo Caliper Brackets

I've developed a set of brake brackets to bolt the Gen 5 Camaro/CTS-V/Chevy SS calipers onto A/F/X body spindles. Rear brackets have also been developed and will be released within the next month. Please see below for renderings and details and please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Current brackets available for the 5th generation Camaro /CTS-V/Chevy SS calipers leave a lot to be desired in terms of weight, simplicity, and strength. 6061-T6 aluminum is very common among these parts as it is cheap and easily sourced, but these advantages are also drawbacks for performance. These pieces have been engineered with 7075-T6 aluminum alloy which is almost 2x stronger, thus allowing a stronger bracket while also decreasing weight.

Both brackets have been fully topology and FEA optimized to ensure they are safe and have the best strength/weight ratio. These pieces have been engineered to stop a 4000 lb vehicle at 1.4g (greater than any performance car currently) and maintain high fatigue stength. I guarantee this has not been done with most other brackets offered for the Gen 5 Camaro calipers, which is a scary thought for something as critical as brakes.

The front bracket is machined from a single piece of 7075-T6 aluminum and weighs only 8 ounces, while the rear bracket is 1.25 lbs and a two piece design for easier manufacturing. The rear caliper mount is 7075-T6 aluminum and the housing end/bearing retainer is 6061-T6 aluminum.

Both front and rear brackets are completely symmetric to allow for front or rear mounting depending on component clearance. Optimal performance gain is seen when both sets are mounted with the calipers nearest the center of the car, but bracket strength and braking capability is not compromised in either orientation.

The front brackets have been designed to fit the ridetech 11009300 or Speedway Motors G Comp 91035000 spindle with a Wilwood 2707037 hub, but will fit most other A/F/X body spindles that accept OE hardware. If you'd like to use these with a different hub/offset, please contact me for any custom applications. The rear brackets have been designed to fit Big Ford Late model housing ends with 2.5" offset.

My pictures of the actual machined pieces are corrupt and will not upload right now, but I will have them added soon. Please see the attached renderings.

The first production run is scheduled to be completed on 10/1.

$175 w/ free shipping within the continental US.

Attachment 156383

Attachment 156384

The time limit expired on my previous post to fix the attachment links. Moderators, if you could please update the above image attachments to the correct ones here that would be greatly appreciated!

Looks nice.

looks great! I have the speedway G comp spindles and am currently running right stuff big brake kit witch is just 95 mustang cobra calipers with there hubs and I've been thinking about trying the camaro calipers. What does the hub offset measurement need to be? thanks

What rotors are these designed for? 5th gen Camaro or possibly C6 Corvette? I've read where some people are using the CTS-V V2 rotors and adapting them to other vehicles using the C6Z rotors.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Any plans to make a bracket that fits a 12 bolt?

the drop spindles you are noting look very much like OEM spindles.... will they fit on OEM spindles?

Country Flag: Canada
      Cool set up, had similar bracket custom made for way more than the price is listed.
      My set was with kore3 hubs, Zl1 calipers and c7z none carbon rotors. Managed to clear 18" forgeline wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
      Looks nice.
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sodak65 View Post
      looks great! I have the speedway G comp spindles and am currently running right stuff big brake kit witch is just 95 mustang cobra calipers with there hubs and I've been thinking about trying the camaro calipers. What does the hub offset measurement need to be? thanks
      Thanks for the kind words! The hub offset for the Wilwood 2707037 is 2.37". I'm unfamiliar with the hub in your kit, but I'm currently developing a set for another member who is running stock hubs, if that's what yours happen to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      What rotors are these designed for? 5th gen Camaro or possibly C6 Corvette? I've read where some people are using the CTS-V V2 rotors and adapting them to other vehicles using the C6Z rotors.
      This bracket is designed for use with the 5th Gen Camaro SS/ZL1 rotors. I don't have any data on the rotors you mentioned, but if you get me some basic dimensions on the rotors you'd like to use I can adjust the bracket accordingly and have a custom set cut. This will cost a tad more though. Depending on the pad annulus, you may have odd pad wear too.

Quote Originally Posted by kochevy67 View Post
      Any plans to make a bracket that fits a 12 bolt?
      At this time I don't plan on it. This may change though depending on how much interest the rear brackets receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofoe73 View Post
      the drop spindles you are noting look very much like OEM spindles.... will they fit on OEM spindles?
      The bracket will bolt up to the stock OEM spindle, but due to the lower boss hanging down for the caliper bolt it may interfere with the control arm. I don't have access to my stock spindles or arms anymore, so I can't confidently say. PM me and we can arrange for a set to be test fit if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by simon455 View Post
      Cool set up, had similar bracket custom made for way more than the price is listed.
      My set was with kore3 hubs, Zl1 calipers and c7z none carbon rotors. Managed to clear 18" forgeline wheel.
      I also have the ZL1 setup with 18" Forgelines and it just barely clears. It certainly fills up the wheel! It's quite the sight. Custom pieces can get pricey real quick, but luckily with these the design is simple enough and easily modified so any custom applications will only be minimally more expensive. The extra cost coming mainly from the added time to verify strength and create new machining tool paths, if necessary.

did you start producing these ?

Country Flag: Afghanistan
      I would be interested in purchasing a set are you making them yet

I'm running Speedtech SFX fronts and a 9 inch with Torino/ big ends in the rear, this looks like a pretty cool setup.
      Did you get any of them made?
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

What about making these to fit the 2006-2013 Z06 Corvette Rotors? They have the 5x120.7 bolt pattern and holes for 1/2" studs. Should only need to move the caliper forward 4.2mm.

Here are the specs on the rotor from Power stop. AR82113 (Corvette) AR8680 (Camaro SS)
      Name:  rotor specs.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  11.8 KB
      Joshua O

Thanks for your interest everyone! I've been answering direct messages, but have neglected to update the forum.

The first production run was only few sets that sold out rather quick. The holidays kept me busy and I haven't had the time to make another set yet. I do plan on making more in the upcoming future, but I don't have any time frame yet for when that may happen. I will keep the forum updated with any news.

can you re-upload the pics?

Any updates?
      Joshua O

Interesting info about how similar the 5th gen is similar to the c6z rotors. I'd be interested in a run if they were modified to fit c6z.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Updates? Still producing these?
      Joshua O

Quote Originally Posted by GTOtzel View Post
      Updates? Still producing these?
      I apologize GTOtzel, but I do not have the means to machine these currently. However, I would be glad to design and engineer a custom set for you given your responses in previous posts. You would just need to take the drawings I can provide to a local machine shop. Please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it further if you're interested.

CAD Drawing & Files

Does anyone have the CAD files for these brackets? I have the means of getting a set produced but I don't have the dimensions or CAD drawings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast