Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Greetings from CT

Hey everyone, I'm Cale. I finally decided to make an account after all this time. I went to school to become a mechanic and was for a while. After working one to many jobs for nickels I decided to try something else. I got into machining and worked at a machine shop a bit before I realized that wasn't what I wanted either. Left the machine shop and went to school for accounting. Got my associates and have a four classes left until I get my bachelors. After selling all my toys to go back to school I decided I wanted to do something different. Thats when I started searching for my chevelle. Ended up finding it in the next town over from me. I fell in love with it the minute I laid eyes on it. There's nothing like going fast but I wanted to enjoy the car more than just a couple times at the track. Thats when I decided to redo everything on the car and convert it all to more of a pro touring kind of car. Im big into technology and new things but nothing compares to looking at a classic car. The plan I've got is to pretty much redo everything inside the car and out with modern technology and parts. I've made progress over the past few years but its kinda hard to afford school and a project car. But nonetheless progress is progress. As of now its still got the same engine and powertrain combo in it from its track days but its definitely more streetable. Its a 1970 chevelle with a 468 bbc in it. Its got a powerglide in it and 4:10s in the rear. Im running QA1 coilovers in the rear, and Viking coilovers in the front. Its got UMI performance sway bars, lakewood lower control arms and adjustable upper control arms in the rear and Im running the stock control arms up front. Best time the car did at the track was 11.17 in the 1/4. At that point I decided I wanted to enjoy the car daily. I bought the car because of how solid it was. Its all original from the firewall back. I've tried to coat everything possible in KBS to protect it and preserve it. I just wanted to start off with a good base and just build it the way I wanted. Its not a real SS or anything special. I dont have it in me to change an original SS into something more modern. Ill be posting up more transformation pics as time goes on but heres a few to start off with and a couple of how she currently sits. I look forward to posting on this site and talking with people who enjoy cars as as I do.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1030.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	454.9 KB 
ID:	156340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	500.2 KB 
ID:	156341

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome aboard. Great place if I do say so myself. Vernon, Ct. My son just graduated college in August, took a truck driving school got hired on a local freight company. First thing out of the gate he goes to Orange CT, drops a trailer load of rice, then goes over to Rhode Island and picks up a trailer load of lawn mower blades. He gets home tomorrow, and boy is he ready...

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Welcome to the forum, Cale! Cheers!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com