Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

C5/C6 Base to Z51 Questions

After about a 10 year hiatus my car is present in my life again...

I have base C5 brakes on the front on ATS spindles.
      I scored a great deal on a Kore3 bracket kit last week on eBay and am finally getting around to getting a park brake back, which isn't an overrated thing on a manual transmission car. I have a wilwood kit now.

Since I need to buy rear rotors and calipers still, I'm thinking about going up to Z51 stuff.

Are the Base C5, FRONT Abutment Brackets the same as Rear Z51 Abutment Brackets? I think these are both 13" rotors right?

What is the part number for the FRONT Z51 Abutment brackets?

I've spent some time researching and seem to be dead ending.

Thanks!
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

No, the Z51 brackets are different. So are the brake rotors, 325mm vs 340.

Short answer, no. The rear caliper brackets are not the same as the front. The front has a dual piston caliper, the rears are single piston.

You are correct on the rotor sizes though. The Base C5/C6 are 13" front, 12" rear. C6 Z51 gets you 13.5" front, 13" rear rotor sizes.

I can't find a part number for the bracket in my system, I only get the number for the whole caliper assembly. Since you already have the base C6 stuff you just need the 4 brackets and new rotors and you're good to go.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Thanks Wallace. I don't know why finding those part numbers has been such a chore. Maybe I'll cross my fingers and hope Tobin sees this thread.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

After some serious googlefu I think I just hit the jackpot...

88964166 – Front Brake Caliper Bracket (Z51)
      88964167 – Rear Brake Caliper Bracket(Z51)
      Steve
      Check it Out Here

Steve,

You've got the right part numbers. I took another look and realized that I was looking at the J55/CSC brakes yesterday, not the plain J55 option. My bad.

Those numbers should get you the correct brackets. Just add some Z51 rotors and you're in business. Just FYI, you might be able to get the whole caliper/bracket assembly from a salvage yard/ebay for cheaper than buying from a dealer. I got the Z51 front caliper setup I used for about $300 for everything including pads.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Yes , those are the right part numbers

Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech