Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Educate me on steering columns for a 69 Camaro

I will be replacing the column on my Camaro with a tilt version. I am not overly picky about the column other than I want it to look nice, tilt, collapse if needed, auto stop the blinker & have the ignition switch in the column. I was planning on going with an aftermarket column for no real reason. Is there a column that you recommend? Should I be looking for a factory (rebuilt) column instead of aftermarket?

Ididit. Or there is a guy here that rebuilds them.

Country Flag: Canada
      Search the classifieds on here .. couple days ago jim had a few up for sale , all rebuilt stock units, excellent man to deal with
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      We use Flaming River most often, theirs are stainless and work great.
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thank you guys. The thread on the rebuilt columns is what spurred this question. I had never really thought about that option and when I saw how much interest there was in the rebuilt columns it made me question if there was something that I did not know about the aftermarket ones.

I went with ididit and love it in my 69 Camaro.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com