Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 camaro instrument cluster

Looking for some options for a 69 camaro instrument cluster. I used a classic dash cluster filled with autometer gt gauges. I really like the gauges but the way they are positioned I can’t see the tach or speedo, right in the area that matters. I’ll try to attach a photo from my point of view

id like to still use the same gauges. What else is out there that I can utilize 2-5” gauges and 4-2 1/16” gauge? ive seen the Detroit speed pod but it’s rather spendy considering its purpose....Name:  2749F129-BEDF-4BC6-B628-31B771B609FE.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  206.6 KB

Country Flag: United States
      I have that exact same issue. Next build I plan to use the nova gauge panel & dash pad since it doesn't have that block sticking out at the top. I also used some black 12 ga wire on the bottom of the tach & speedo gauges to kick the bottom out from the gauge panel. Its not much but, but helps a little. I'm 5-10, I image its only worse if you're taller than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      I have that exact same issue. Next build I plan to use the nova gauge panel & dash pad since it doesn't have that block sticking out at the top. I also used some black 12 ga wire on the bottom of the tach & speedo gauges to kick the bottom out from the gauge panel. Its not much but, but helps a little. I'm 5-10, I image its only worse if you're taller than that.
      for sure. i am about 6-2 so its even worse. i have stumbled across the nova dash pad method. I'm a little torn with that as by the time i buy a new nova gauge panel as well as dash pad, i"m most of the way to the DSE panel....

I hadnt thought of trying to kick the base of the gauges out any, maybe that could be an option to correct it

Quote Originally Posted by Bwheeler287 View Post
      Looking for some options for a 69 camaro instrument cluster. I used a classic dash cluster filled with autometer gt gauges. I really like the gauges but the way they are positioned I can’t see the tach or speedo, right in the area that matters. I’ll try to attach a photo from my point of view

id like to still use the same gauges. What else is out there that I can utilize 2-5” gauges and 4-2 1/16” gauge? ive seen the Detroit speed pod but it’s rather spendy considering its purpose....Name:  2749F129-BEDF-4BC6-B628-31B771B609FE.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  206.6 KB
      Man I wish I had seen this post before. Just attempted to install this dash and got the exact same results. Even spoke with Steve at classic dash (super nice guy by the way) and he alerted me to this thread. Ever figure out a solution?

Country Flag: United States
      I kinda went through the same dilemma a few years ago. I bought one of the Classic Dash inserts and SpeedHut gauges and started messing with it. I'm 5'10" and my wheel is a 14-1/8" MOMO D36 (360mm). My only real hangup was the "tongue" jutting forward towards the steering wheel and like most, I felt it was blocking the gauges a little. So I got out my heat gun and warmed up that spot and persuaded it up a little. I since then have reinforced that with a bracket because it wanted to return a little.

The bracket is quite simple, its bent sheet metal, has two (2) points to anchor it to the tongue, and one to anchor it to the "vertical" part of the insert.

The piece is sort of V-shaped, about 1-1/2" wide at the narrow end, and trimmed to fit inside the tongue at the other. I used black trim bolts to mount it on the top and because of the angles and everything else... you don't really notice them. The rear single mount is actually a LED eFan indicator. After I did the initial install I added the LED indicators for the Parking Brake, "Generator" and then the eFan. I'm just now installing the eFans and have to figure out how I'm going to trigger the LED.

Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com