Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Budget Subframe

Budget Subframe

Hello all, I have a question on my 69 camaro subframe. My car needs to be restored some. I'm having it repainted and the firewall smoothed. to redo my current factory frame is gonna be pricey to fix to my taste . My question is are there some relatively budget friendly options to the factory frame or am I better off keeping the factory and add some good bolt on options. I can see it costing me easy 2-3K to freshen up the factory one and prob not add alot of performance unless i add $. Any suggestions from you guys on a good complete subframe ?

Name:  Unicorn.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  166.7 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Have the stock sub-frame seams welded up and then install a ridetech street grip kit
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Country Flag: United States
      I pretty sure there aren't any budget aftermarket sub-frames in the 3000 dollar range I have seen a few drag racing ones but for touring cars the gear needs to be a little beefier, most are R&P and require the linkage for that and sometimes even different steering columns along with custom fit headers

that kit looks pretty nice, thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Have the stock sub-frame seams welded up and then install a ridetech street grip kit
      That kit looks nice and not unreasonable for a front and rear. thanks for the info. I have a ton of work to do and a unexpected paint job is cutting deep into my budget . 6K-8K unexpected over crappy prep work in 91. i was hoping for full frame upgrade but that little expense knocked that out right out of the gate .

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      I pretty sure there aren't any budget aftermarket sub-frames in the 3000 dollar range I have seen a few drag racing ones but for touring cars the gear needs to be a little beefier, most are R&P and require the linkage for that and sometimes even different steering columns along with custom fit headers

Yes sir , I don't plan on any fancy racetrack time, i just want to have a good handling cruiser that is reliable and i can blast on long roadtrips without worry. so a upgraded fast ratio steering box will be fine for me. i don't need R&P really , although i'm sure its nice, defiantly not needed. Going behind bad work has turned out to be costley but i can make it right just have to pick my battles on the things i want vs what I actually need.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com