Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What headlights?

What headlights are all the cool kids running these days? '68 Camaro

Country Flag: United States
      LED probably. lots to choose from these days...
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

I’m switched to “hella” 7” round in my 69. Uses a replaceable h4 bulb. Bout $75 for the pair. Huge difference. Comparable to any modern vehicle- excluding the insanely bright lights on some new cars. Plenty sufficient for what I do. Some guys state you should add in a relay for the increased current draw, but after some research I found that myself using an American autowire harness and headlight switch I was good to pop them in and let it ride without any additional relays

Quote Originally Posted by Bwheeler287 View Post
      I’m switched to “hella” 7” round in my 69. Uses a replaceable h4 bulb. Bout $75 for the pair. Huge difference. Comparable to any modern vehicle- excluding the insanely bright lights on some new cars. Plenty sufficient for what I do. Some guys state you should add in a relay for the increased current draw, but after some research I found that myself using an American autowire harness and headlight switch I was good to pop them in and let it ride without any additional relays
      You can also use H-4 type LED bulbs in those as well.

A friend of mine just put Truck-lites in his 66 nova, they look and work great.

Truck Lites

Just put Truck-lites from Rigid Industries in my 67 Camaro
      Attached Images Attached Images  

How was the fitment on those Truck Lites? Direct swap? Have to modify the bucket at all?

Looks good!

No Mods what so ever, just plug them in. They fit the trim rings and nothing on the back but the three wires coming out. Super bright and no need for relays.

The JW Speaker parts are fantastic. I've had the H4's before and there is no comparison, the JW's are far better. There's info in the archives.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I switched up to Hella's with a relay in '09 and then went to the Truck Lights LEDs in '16. The difference is night and day with the LEDs winning hands down.

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

I ordered a set up from Octane Lighting.
      https://www.octanelighting.com/produ...-028-3rd-gen-4

I am running the vision x on my 79 Malibu. And plan on running them on my 72 Chevelle. They are DOT approved, glass lens, and aluminum housing.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      I ordered a set up from Octane Lighting.
      https://www.octanelighting.com/produ...-028-3rd-gen-4
      Those are very cool. Glass lens, plug and play, DOT approved. Have you installed yours yet?
      MarkK

Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova View Post
      Those are very cool. Glass lens, plug and play, DOT approved. Have you installed yours yet?
      Haven't got them yet.. early next week as per the tracking

I just finished upgrading my headlights last week. I’m running octane lighting’s led halo headlights with led conversion kits for both high and low beam. I also changed the parking lights to switchback leds. This pic is just with the rings and parking lights on.
      Name:  06C50036-824A-4780-8ACA-606D0ADFB97E.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  194.6 KB

I like those obnoxiousSS. I like the white halos. Do you know the part numbers?
      My current lights are terrible and when I turn on the brights they lights flicker.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

Quote Originally Posted by 69cutlassrkt View Post
      I like those obnoxiousSS. I like the white halos. Do you know the part numbers?
      My current lights are terrible and when I turn on the brights they lights flicker.
      Yup, if you go on octane lighting’s website the product ID is 11678. I drove my car at night for the first time and realized how bad the stock ones were. I wish I upgraded the headlights a long time ago. At least now there are tons of LED conversion kits out there to chose from. I got my kits off of Amazon and everything was plug and play.

Word of warning,, If you have Retro-Electro head light kit the Octanes won't fit. You can see in the pic how tight things are with just the regular bulb

20180912_145056 by F G, on Flickr

Word of warning,, If you have Retro-Electro head light kit the Octanes won't fit. You can see in the pic how tight things are with just the regular bulb

Yes, what he said. To get the lenses to fit I had to modify the headlight buckets slightly and also had to modify the radiator support. Nothing crazy really, but they just don't pop right in there.

Most of the LED swap/upgrade kits (including those Octanes from the looks of them) aren't really designed for the housings being used, and the result is unfocused light blasting everywhere, which most people mistake for actual brightness. Please don't be those guys taking the cheapest way possible and blinding everyone else on the road. If looking for plug and play just spend a few more bucks and get the Dapper ones.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com