Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

First gen Camaro front subframe / rear suspension Vendors..opinions, recommendations

Ok guys just starting my 69 Camaro build. Getting ready to bring it down to the shop and get started.

Name:  56B54CE4-2EC0-47A6-AA1F-3903ECB226C5.jpeg
Views: 889
Size:  99.8 KB

Have been looking at front/rear suspension subframes. With so many options available wanted to hear some feedback on what’s working good.

Going to be Ls or New LT power under the hood, big power,big brakes, big wheels etc...

Here’s some of the Vendors I’ve looked at on line, just wanted to see if there’s anyone I’ve missed?
      DSE
      Speedtech
      Heidts
      TCI
      ridetech
      Speedway Motors
      Art Morrison
      roadster shop
      Fat Man
      Alston

Any Vendors out there having good deals or specials? Ready to buy

anybody really like their suspension and want to recommend someone? Torque arm vs 4 bar? Etc.
      Any help or opinions are appreciated.. thanks

Hope you don't mind me subscribing.. I'm interested in the same info

Country Flag: United States
      What are your goals for the car? What do you want to do with it? Hardcore I would go Speedtech Extreme. Good street manners and performance I would go Art Morrison including the IRS.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Roadster shop is another great option. Full chassis is about $10k. Roadster Shop builds amazing cars.
      Ahmad B.

Like Don said your intended use should dictate the pieces used.
      That being said I choose DSE. I narrowed my choices to DSE and Speedtech & choose DSE for the following reasons.
      DSE has been done by everyone & their brother so all the little issues have been worked out.
      For the same reasons the shock valving should be well refined.
      DSE offers all the little parts needed in an easy to follow format.

The reason I favor Speedtech over DSE for hard core use is the rack. Their Sweet rack is far superior to the rack used by DSE, especially with wide front tires.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks for the input guys. This car will be used for the track and street use.
      So many options to choose from these days.

Sharing your goals with the car will help guide the recommendations. For example, from highest priority to lowest how would you rank the following:

• Roadcourse
      • Autocross
      • street drving
      • budget
      • ease of install
      • Tuning advice and post sales support

There might be other factors that are important to you too.

I'm extremely satisfied with my TCI subframe and torque arm. For me the most important factors are autocross performance, track performance and budget. I've also grown to significantly appreciate the tuning and post sales support. I've been running this setup for almost 4 years and have put almost 40,000 miles on the parts. The parts transformed the handling of my car and gave me a platform to become a better driver. I've won a bunch of SCCA national events and NMCA events. Won optima USCA invitational and a bunch of podiums. Parts work great. And for most of the past 3.5 years I was running the exact spring, sway bar, shock configurations TCI recommended when I bought the parts!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

My choice would be the No Limit Engineering Sniper IFS. http://nolimit.net/products#!/No-Lim...egory=13101095

It is a departure from the rest that are improvements on the stock front subframe.

If I had not been so stubborn about modifying my own subframe, this is the one I would choose.

However, I do like the offerings from Speedway and Speedtech also. That is not to say the others are bad. These are just my personal favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      The reason I favor Speedtech over DSE for hard core use is the rack. Their Sweet rack is far superior to the rack used by DSE, especially with wide front tires.

Don
      I have seen that mentioned before. If I am correct then the rack DSE uses is basically a SN-95 Mustang rack. I have used these in street cars, drag cars, autocross cars and RR cars and have never had a complaint with them. If you use the 03-04 Cobra valving it works quite well. Lots of guys running AI with 315's with these racks. I have no experience with the sweet setup so it may be better but I always fall back on the old saying, with trick parts come trick problems. For my car I am trying to stick with as much OEM type parts as possible since they are easy to source for replacements and typically well engineered at least for their intended application.

Haven’t looked at the no limit until now. Very cool!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Thought I had it narrowed down a little then I checked this one out. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Sharing your goals with the car will help guide the recommendations. For example, from highest priority to lowest how would you rank the following:

• Roadcourse
      • Autocross
      • street drving
      • budget
      • ease of install
      • Tuning advice and post sales support

There might be other factors that are important to you too.

I'm extremely satisfied with my TCI subframe and torque arm. For me the most important factors are autocross performance, track performance and budget. I've also grown to significantly appreciate the tuning and post sales support. I've been running this setup for almost 4 years and have put almost 40,000 miles on the parts. The parts transformed the handling of my car and gave me a platform to become a better driver. I've won a bunch of SCCA national events and NMCA events. Won optima USCA invitational and a bunch of podiums. Parts work great. And for most of the past 3.5 years I was running the exact spring, sway bar, shock configurations TCI recommended when I bought the parts!
      Yes I agree on the TCI, we installed that front end on a customers 69. Drove great!

My 69 were pretty much going all out on this one with high budget. We all can get carried away quick though when it comes to our hot rods. Sold 2 cars and dumping a bunch of $$ in this one. Just wanted the baddest suspension out there at the same time keeping costs somewhat in check. Haha.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com