Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Bump for the best pro-touring FIREBIRD ever built listed for sale....

Don't miss out on this insanely built Firebird that is looking for a new home.

Frostbite is up for auction on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30285481651...m=302854816517

Not mine.... wish it was though.

Just feel like this needs to be posted here.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

If it helps, Clint the owner, will be using the Money to fund another epic project!
      I've seen the car multiple times at local car shows, and it truly is as good as it looks in photos.

I need more info on those door arm rest

Wow I’m definitely gonna enter a bid in this!
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

I’m calling BS on the bidding in that auction. Only reason to have private bidding is to hide shill bidding...

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I’m calling BS on the bidding in that auction. Only reason to have private bidding is to hide shill bidding...

Don
      Not for nothing and only my .02 but if you bid what you're willing to pay for the car, does it really matter if there are false bids. The owner will contact you if he's willing to accept your offer anyway.

Again, just my opinion and not trying to be argumentative.

Good luck with the sale, great build!

Did this car end up selling? Amazing build!

The only problem with that vehicle from a valuation and sales perspective is instead of Camaro it says Firebird on it.

Yeah. Let people overpay for Camaros...
      which are everywhere. Camaros (and ones with LS motors) are a dime a dozen at car shows, auctions and events like Toyota Camrys on the roads today. Boring.

I agree they are getting common, but please let me know where I can get a dozen of them for a dime.

Just saying. Not talking price here in that dime a dozen comment. Firebirds are rarer (and some would argue better looking).... and should be valued higher due to supply being less. Camaros are everywhere and therefore should not be selling for so much more than Firebirds. People are foolish to pay more for any product that is 10x's more in supply --- and Camaros outnumber Firebirds more than that at shows/auctions/events. Oh wow, another Camaro with an LS. Next.

I have a 69 Firebird that I am in the process of doing a resto mod on. The reason I bought it was because it was significantly cheaper than a Camaro of the same year when I bought it about three years ago. It’s essentially the same car. Since I’ve had it, I really do like it and I am OK that it’s not a Camaro. Like you guys said also, they are not as common. Hopefully it will be as nice as this one listed when I’m all done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post
      Just saying. Not talking price here in that dime a dozen comment. Firebirds are rarer (and some would argue better looking).... and should be valued higher due to supply being less. Camaros are everywhere and therefore should not be selling for so much more than Firebirds. People are foolish to pay more for any product that is 10x's more in supply --- and Camaros outnumber Firebirds more than that at shows/auctions/events. Oh wow, another Camaro with an LS. Next.
      It’s all fine and good until you sink a pile of money into a Firebird and then take it in the shorts when you decide to sell it. Just because something is rare that doesn’t mean it is valuable. There needs to be a demand....

And yes, that is a 69 Firebird in my avatar....

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

You forgot how one is paying much less in the first place for a Firebird, so putting money into one is not as bad as it appears in the end due to the lower entry cost.

And the joy you will get for not being just another LS Camaro at an event I'm sure is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post
      You forgot how one is paying much less in the first place for a Firebird, so putting money into one is not as bad as it appears in the end due to the lower entry cost.

And the joy you will get for not being just another LS Camaro at an event I'm sure is priceless.
      The few thousand dollars saved on the car are peanuts in a build cost of many tens of thousands. Been there, done that. No more Firebird builds for me. Sold the last one I had because it didn’t make sense to build it. Very limited demand for Firebirds out there.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Beg to disagree there is "very" limited demand. Just a much more informed and intelligent buyer I would say. Again, people overpay for most Camaros.

Must not have been a numbers car or built to how people with money for an F-body would like it done perhaps? And if you put an LS into it, there goes 50% off the value of a Firebird right there.

;-)

An informed and intelligent buyer is going with the car with the most resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      An informed and intelligent buyer is going with the car with the most resale value.
      That's BS. An informed and intelligent buyer is going with the car they want.

Take me for instance, IDNGAF about resale. I buy what I want. Heck, if resale was that important this website would not exist. If you want an investment, go to yenko.net.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

I have to agree that an informed and intelligent person would not build a pro-tour car!
      My statement was meant to be limited to the discussion at hand where it was implied that this smart person would choose a firebird over a camaro due to the initial cost difference. I agree with that if the car is complete as the buyer would keep it as that car could be bought much cheaper than the same car wrapped in a camaro. If you will be spending much money "building" it then the camaro is the "more intelligent" choice, emotions aside. Personally I like the 69 model firebird but I saw what happened with my uncle's when he sold it so I went the camaro route for mine. I guess if I was rich it would not matter, but if I took that kind of hit on a car my wife would shut this hobby down pretty quick.

Chit happens in life and priorities can change. You may need to sell that car that you built thinking you don’t give a chit about resale. See it all the time, cars sold for huge losses due to life changes....

Anyway, glad for you guys who don’t buy Camaros. Otherwise the demand for Camaros would be even higher, driving prices even higher. Thanks guys!

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside