Country Flag: United States

Need ground clearance for headers

I need to lower the front of my car, but the headers hang too low. They are obviously for drag racing not lowered street car. It is a 1970 Camaro with a 548 Ci. BBC. I don't see any mid length with 2" or more primaries.

Do I modify my Hooker supercomps, or try and build my own? I cannot TIG only MIG. Trying to get my winter projects ready ahead of time.

Thanks as usual

Have you talked to Headman.Hooker.and Doug Thorley.etc for help.I have a 1979 Z-28 Camaro Z-28 RS Pro-Touring car. It has 3" of ground clearance at the front frame member .With a supercharged small block with a set of Doug Thorley "Big Tube" headers. It clears fine on the street. I have had over the years a 1973 Nova SS HB,1972 Chevelle wagon .And now have a 1981 El Camino SS.And have work on a variety of my friends Cars. Or do you have any friends who can weld as well. These are a number of options for you.Good luck.

These? https://www.hedman.com/Chevy-Camaro-...93&YearID=1970

I bashed my super comp headers about two days before I was going to take them off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
    These? https://www.hedman.com/Chevy-Camaro-...93&YearID=1970

I bashed my super comp headers about two days before I was going to take them off anyway.
    Fun isn't it?!

Bashed the drivers side this time even after putting in heavier springs and raising up the front. I need to do something. Never got to it over the winter.

What cylinder heads are you running?

Edelbrock Performer RPM heads

I don’t know if it fits your project timeline, but a couple new sets of BB Chevy long tube headers for your application will be getting released from the Hooker Blackheart line.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
    I don’t know if it fits your project timeline, but a couple new sets of BB Chevy long tube headers for your application will be getting released from the Hooker Blackheart line.
    Send me a set , I will test fit them for Hooker. 1970 BBC manual trans, manual clutch linkage, stock subframe.

2" Hooker supercomps fit perfect except for how low they hang down below the subframe. I am even thinking mid length if I have too.
    Thanks for the info

I have to apologize, I just now realized that your car is a 2nd-gen F-body and the new headers I referenced are for 1st-gen F-bodies. The 2nd-gen application will eventually get the same new product development treatment, but I don't know when that is going to happen.

Always the middle child.

Try getting parts for a B body sometime.

Any new info from Hooker?