Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Any alternative interior door handles for the 2nd gen fbodies?

Hey guys, Looking for something that looks better than the original interior door handle on my 73 firebird, but cant seem to find any thats made for the car. I'm only seeing universal stuff where you need a custom door panel. Anybody know of a billet or new design option for those years that fit the stock panel? I figured there has to be something out there with all the 2nd gen's running around.

As another option, anybody on here powdercoat their interior handles? Wondering how that would hold up and if you had to dechrome the handle first. Thanks
      Cheers
      Dustin

I just painted mine semi-flat black. Since I grab the handles from the back side, my hand doesn't really touch the painted surface, so the paint has held up just fine for years.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Quote Originally Posted by ULTM8Z View Post
      I just painted mine semi-flat black. Since I grab the handles from the back side, my hand doesn't really touch the painted surface, so the paint has held up just fine for years.
      Thanks for the reply, glad to hear the paints been holding up over the years.
      Cheers
      Dustin

Either try to find one from another car.Or if you have the money have them made in billet Are other options.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com