Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Don't cut corners on safety

There were two incidents in the Sandhills Open Road Challenge this year. Proper safety gear did it's job and prevented any serious injuries. Once incident was relatively minor. The other could have been much worse without proper safety equipment.

Look at how well the roll bar held up. The roof is literally wrapped around the bar. Notice the Snell SA rated helmet and HANS device on the roof.

Don't cut corners. Don't scrimp on safety.
      Name:  Chris Bischof Pontiac after L2L.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  66.8 KB

I have seen people try to safe money on safety Like not having a scatter shield and almost losing their feeet..

Never compromised such like in this ways, don't be so ridiculous in such moments, also I agree with don't cut corners on safety to prevent any kind of serious injury or death..

What do you think about tata cars in this reference, are they reliable? Maybe one should buy any equipment to make the car more safe for riding? I`m thinking about buying one of these models but in fact, such posts as this one with crashed cars make me even scary a little! What would you advise?

Country Flag: Canada
      Any idea how fast the car was going Bill? Imagine if there was no cage...

Another good example of why nobody should cut corners on safety. This happened yesterday at the Big Blue Mile in Cordova, Nebraska. The driver walked away, was checked out by medical professionals and pronounce fine, then went fishing with his family later in the day.

He lost control somewhere in excess of 100 mph, barrel rolled 8 to 10 times and landed upright. He was competing in a mile shootout and shooting for 200 mph.

This is a street car with plates and insurance. Nevertheless, it has a full roll cage and 6 point harnesses. He was wearing proper safety gear including a fire suit and Snell SA rated full face helmet.

Don't cut corners with safety!

Name:  61466587_10161741070410175_1534415403374084096_n.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  75.8 KBName:  61621379_10161741070350175_2589135431400423424_n.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  95.2 KB

So glad that Dave and the Speedway crew built that car right. He was broadcasting on Facebook live during the run and WOW...that happened quick.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      So glad that Dave and the Speedway crew built that car right. He was broadcasting on Facebook live during the run and WOW...that happened quick.
      It was a crazy video. It helps me to understand how quickly things can happen.

I am also very glad that Dave and the Speedway team built that car right. Dave is a great guy. I’m glad he is safe.

Crazy video and shows that Safety first is always the main thing.

Where the video at?
      72 chevelle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com