Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Finland

Ls3 throwing map code and running rich during start up

So my car does the same codes every time i start it up. Map code and both banks running rich, after few minutes of idle and clearing the codes they wont return until i shut engine off and start again. What could be the cause of that?

Ok, i measured the voltage when key on. Theres no voltage on any port on the map connector. Should there be 5v or 12v in some port?

I fixed the broken connector but still doing the same codes during start. The codes stay away after the car warms up and starting. Before it threw the code everytime i started it. Should i change the wires and plugs also? Car has power filter, would that cause issues as well?

Country Flag: United States
      How about more details? What's the history of the engine? What engine management? Pictures under the hood?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Engine is from 2013 camaro, 20000th mails, installed power filter and short headers, cat delete and dual 2.5" exhaust with h-pipe. Ordered custom ecu from psi conersion. Cat delete and others. Im thinking that maybe the map and maf values are so different that it needs tuning to make it work.

Call PSI and ask them what MAP sensor you should use, there are two I think Delphi and Bosch, and yes the values are different.

T,

I verified the order and mine is boch map sensor and have the correct one in my car. Could the different cold air tube, headers and power filter do the map code? I had to remove the intake and now wo dering could there be leak? It idles great and no codes during driving. I called my friend and he says that bad oil with gas may also do this code. Gonna change my oil and spark plugs and wires.

What is a power filter?

Sounds like you may be in the ballpark if you corrected wiring and the problem changed parameters.

What tune file are you using, and where did you get it?

Here is some good reading on MAP sensors from sloppy mechanic. You should have 5V at the sensor.

https://sites.google.com/site/sloppy...identification

T,

Well the problem has been found, its in the tune. I have changed too many things on it and now it needs to be tuned to make it work again.

I ordered a harness and ECM from PSI and requested a stock LS6 tune. They sent me an L92 tune and didn’t tell me until I asked. Said they couldn’t do a stock LS6 tune. That is just crazy imho. Sent it all back and went with Speartech....

Ask PSI what tune they gave you....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I ordered a harness and ECM from PSI and requested a stock LS6 tune. They sent me an L92 tune and didn’t tell me until I asked. Said they couldn’t do a stock LS6 tune. That is just crazy imho. Sent it all back and went with Speartech....

Ask PSI what tune they gave you....

Don
      No need for that, im gonna tune it in 29.9. Theres also bugging in low rpm cruising and thats really annoing thing. The tuner said that the ls3 maf is too sensitive and it need tune to get rid of the bugging. Tuner is gonna remove the maf entirely and make custom fuel map with map sensor only. So gonna need the maf for intake temp only. The intake air temp is in the same sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by timopajala View Post
      No need for that, im gonna tune it in 29.9. Theres also bugging in low rpm cruising and thats really annoing thing. The tuner said that the ls3 maf is too sensitive and it need tune to get rid of the bugging. Tuner is gonna remove the maf entirely and make custom fuel map with map sensor only. So gonna need the maf for intake temp only. The intake air temp is in the same sensor.
      So he is converting you to a speed density tune. I think the issue is likely with your MAF positioning or your tuner. Lots of cars run a MAF without issue.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I wouldn't ditch the MAF on a relatively mild engine.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Map code cleared with oil chance. My friend told me that if the oil gets too much fuel in it, it throws map code relatively easy and in my case that was it. I bought honeycomb mesh for my cai tube and installed it. it made the ride little better but still running rich. Will try to tune it so the maf can stay on it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com