Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone running tire stickers?

There are a handful of cars where I like the look of tire stickers, but they're all modern. Do any of you run them on your classic?

Please share photos and comments.

[crude photoshop]
      Name:  smtirestickerRender.jpg
Views: 2134
Size:  288.3 KB
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I don't remember seeing stickers but I have seen someone that prints on them. I don't know if it's like a silk screen or ink jet. I know it's not realistic to ship tires around to have it done but I kind of like how they look.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      I don't remember seeing stickers but I have seen someone that prints on them. I don't know if it's like a silk screen or ink jet. I know it's not realistic to ship tires around to have it done but I kind of like how they look.
      These are very popular in other car scenes and stick very well. It's a DIY thing

https://www.tirestickers.com
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page

IMO tire stickers are one of the weakest, lemest, trends to hit the automotive scene in quite some time. Almost as corny as the roof box trend but not quite. I see them as a cheesy way for folks with dime a dozen modern camaros challengers mustangs etc to try their absolute hardest to stand out in a sea of common cars.
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

if they are small enough or scaled to the sidewall, I think they are ok.

However when they get over-sized, they look hideous

I love mine. To each his own I guess. I like the stock appearance so when I got my 18" Olds SSIs I wanted the Raised white letter look. They don't make 18" BFG RWL tires (or any RWL tire bigger than 15") so I bought the 1" letter kit from Treadwear. I've got 5,000 miles on them so far with no issues:

Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by 71OLDS View Post
      I love mine. To each his own I guess. I like the stock appearance so when I got my 18" Olds SSIs I wanted the Raised white letter look. They don't make 18" BFG RWL tires (or any RWL tire bigger than 15") so I bought the 1" letter kit from Treadwear. I've got 5,000 miles on them so far with no issues:
      Thanks, thats the look I want. Can you provide your tire sizes? Have you found yourself wanting any smaller [3/4"]?

I think they can look really good if done correctly

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Thanks, thats the look I want. Can you provide your tire sizes? Have you found yourself wanting any smaller [3/4"]?
      Here are my tire details: 255/45/18 Nitto 555 fronts and 305/45/18 Nitto DR's rear. I sanded off the Nitto lettering and glued on the 1" BFG kit from Treadwear. In my opinion you have to have enough sidewall for the letters to look good. If you have a 30 or 35 series sidewall, there's just not much room there. I prefer the bigger sidewall for lots of other reasons so it worked out well for my setup. As far as the 1" size goes, I chose that size to match the original BFG RWL tires. My 70 Cutlass has a 245/60/15 and 275/60/15 BFGs on it so I used those as a stencil for size spacing etc. 3/4" would be smaller then "real" and wouldn't look correct in my opinion. Here are some pics as I was going through the process:

I actually modiefied some of the letters to look more like the original. Some of the shapes were a little off.
      Joe Lincoln

BTW - since I saw you chose the Goodyear stickers in your original post, here's a pic I saved. I was on the fence between BFG and GY but went with BFG because I had the real ones to copy/use as a template:

Joe Lincoln

Thanks Joe - I think I am going to pull the trigger on a set soon. I am looking at TireStickers brand as they come with a transparent release sheet on to keep the spacing right and come already curved for your wheel diameter. That seems like a benefit over installing each letter individually.

Thoughts?

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.31.57 PM.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  14.8 KB

I'd say go with what you're most comfortable with. I matched the curve and spacing exactly to my other tire. If you don't have that option the tirestickers might be the safer way to go.
      Joe Lincoln

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com