Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      This is awesome. I’m building a 66 lemans in almost the same way as you. Have an iron 6.0 and gathering parts for t56 and umi stage 2 kit. Anxious to see how yours comes along. I won’t be building mine anytime soon due to a deployment coming up in a few moments but by then you might be further along so i can see all the goodies to buy like you haha !

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mick66poncho View Post
      This is awesome. I’m building a 66 lemans in almost the same way as you. Have an iron 6.0 and gathering parts for t56 and umi stage 2 kit. Anxious to see how yours comes along. I won’t be building mine anytime soon due to a deployment coming up in a few moments but by then you might be further along so i can see all the goodies to buy like you haha !
      Awesome! A 6.0 would be really nice. The UMI parts are top notch. I obviously haven't been able to try them out yet, but quality wise I am impressed. When on a budget I've found holiday sales like Black Friday are where it's at, so I tend to buy parts at certain times of the year. Thanks for your service and best of luck on your deployment! I hope to have more to share by the time you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdub View Post
      Awesome! A 6.0 would be really nice. The UMI parts are top notch. I obviously haven't been able to try them out yet, but quality wise I am impressed. When on a budget I've found holiday sales like Black Friday are where it's at, so I tend to buy parts at certain times of the year. Thanks for your service and best of luck on your deployment! I hope to have more to share by the time you get back.
      No thanks needed sir. And the idea about holiday sales is genius my wife and I were just talking about that for some of the bigger buys like the brake kit and what not. For you rear diff is it still a B.O.P or a Chevy style? I’m looking at kore3 or cpp stuff but not a lot of companies make big brake kits for those rears and I don’t wanna buy a moser or strange 9 inch if I can keep the axle I’ve got, what brakes have you looked into for your car? And silly question did the umi kit come with all the needed hardware? My buddy got a cpp/global west kit for a Chevelle and it had him reuse a lot of old hardware like shock bolts and spring cups. He bought new ones but still for what he paid thought some bolts would’ve come in too lol.

Thank you for your service.

Not sure what your plans are for the rear end but I ordered a 9” Ford from Quick Performance with a 3:50 gear and a tru track posi. I got it a half inch narrower and a LOT cheaper than building my 10 bolt or buying a 12 bolt. Just something to chew on.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Thank you for your service.

Not sure what your plans are for the rear end but I ordered a 9” Ford from Quick Performance with a 3:50 gear and a tru track posi. I got it a half inch narrower and a LOT cheaper than building my 10 bolt or buying a 12 bolt. Just something to chew on.
      I ordered EXACTLY the same from Quick Performance for my ‘70 Grand Prix (A-body as well) and their service is excellent. In fact I’ve ordered a few more things from them just because. Ask for Max, the dude is super helpful.

I do not have a rear end sorted out yet however I do have the rear Z51 C6 calipers. If I decide to run the 10 bolt it looks like flynbye makes brackets to run those calipers and backing plates that allow you to retain the parking brake. They are pricey though at about $500 for the set of brackets/backing plates. Having a parking/ebrake is important to me.

Ideally I'd like a 9" or a 12 bolt. If I can find a good deal on one I will pick it up. The Quick Performance prices are attractive.

As far as bolts for the UMI kit, yes mine came with brand new everything when I ordered the complete stage 2 kit. I believe the bolts are optional when you buy it piece by piece. I'm not entirely sure though. I purchased the kit on a black friday sale from Matts Classic Bowties for a few hundred off msrp plus free shipping.

Country Flag: Canada
      On the subject of transmission linkage, keep an eye open for interference with the side of the trans tunnel. I had a T10 in my '71 Nova and experienced interference. You may have more room in your Le Mans.
      The trans shift levers point up (Muncies point down) and can put the longest linkage too close to the tunnel. To remedy the problem I moved the linkage to the inside or backside of the shift lever. It required some creative bending and welding.
      If you need to do the same mount the trans to a bell housing bolted to an engine stand. Makes it a lot easier than working on your back under the car.

I've always had a soft spot for the '66 - '67 Le Mans. I don't believe they were sold up here in Canada (we had the Beaumont) so they are rarely seen. I think the Le Mans has the edge when it comes to styling, although they do share the same dash.
      Keep up the good work and don't apologize for the slow pace. The time line on my Nova has been decades. LOL

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Here is another option when looking for a rear. I just picked one up for my 66 GTO.
      https://www.shoppemracing.com/default.asp
      Joshua O

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com