Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Who to use for shipping a car?

Hey guys. Hope I posted this in the right section. But if not, well its still getting posted here.

Long story short, I am buying another track car and its on the east coast. Me, I am on the west coast. I have never had to ship a car before. I know there are several big names to use for shipping but big names normally come with big prices. Who have you used to ship a car before? Was it a good or bad experience? To anyone who has shipped coast to coast, what was the price? I dont need anything fancy so an open trailer would work. Thanks in advance.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Get on a website called uShip . Com I post an ad and shippers bid on it or u post a price your willing to pay and hopefully someone is willing to do it for that price and u guys work a deal. Easy to use.

Country Flag: United States
      Reach out to Jim at Truly Vintage, excellent reputation. One man show, very honest, very fair. (260) 804-6695

Tim john---

Thanks Ray and Tim. I'll check them both out. Reliable got back to me, $2100 in a covered trailer. About what I expected.

Country Flag: United States
      I used uship to ship a car from Connecticut to SoCal. Can't say I was totally pleased with the experience. The broker who I selected was TCI Logistics. I selected them because they had good feedback on communication and responsiveness and said the car would ship within 4 days.

Car didn't ship until 10 days later. Arrived timely once picked up. But I noticed the driver didn't bother to put the driver's side transport window back in the car (racecar with two screws to hold in windows for transport). Also, the shifter was damaged but I can't say for certain if that was the shipper or seller.

Cost was $1,829 on an open trailer. Next time I think i would contact a few brokers first and try to skip the uship process.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Stay away from Uship, they SUCK. There are plenty of really good independants and franchise carriers such as Horseless Carriage, Reliable, ect. I move cars around a fair amount for clients and have been through the U-**** mess. Spare yourself the hassle.

I've used A-1 Auto Transport to ship from Florida to California. It was about a year ago- think it cost around $1,800 for enclosed. I'm sure open carrier would be a little less than that. Might be worth giving them a call to see what pricing they offer. Didn't have any problems with them.

Edited: disregard, didn't realize this was from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
      I've used A-1 Auto Transport to ship from Florida to California. It was about a year ago- think it cost around $1,800 for enclosed. I'm sure open carrier would be a little less than that. Might be worth giving them a call to see what pricing they offer. Didn't have any problems with them.

Edited: disregard, didn't realize this was from last year
      Haha no worries. I ended up finding a car 45 min away from my house so I didnt need to ship it! Saved myself the hassle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com