Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, sorry I had addressed earlier but not quoted. While I did have to compress the spring a bit to mount the shock, I still have about 4" of droop travel.

I have the Hotchkis 2" drop big block springs. They are 600 lb rate and have a free length of 12.875"

The jounce bumper is compressed to the main body after the taper.

I haven't had the time to get the car off the ground and add the additional spring spacer I have. That will give me around another half inch or so. Realistically, the drop should have been handled with spindles and not the spring. I purchased and installed the springs several years ago after my stock leafs literally fell apart in two at the mounting pad. It wasn't until this year that I did the rest. Lessons learned the hard way I suppose.

Side photo for posterity. It's low.

Name:  image1 (1).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  186.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Are these the old version of the SPC lower arm? The spring pocket on them was too deep if I remember right and guys had the same problem. You might need stock springs and a longer shock....

I had an original set on my 64 GTO and had to use a lot of spring spacers (upper and lower)and stock length shocks. I used SPC springs if I remember right.

Don
      This answers a question I didn't think to ask. I have some 4 year old SPC arms on my S-10 (G-body arms) and had to use stock height springs to get a 3" drop (with a 0.5" lower BJ). The math tells me that it should only be 1.5"... but it's more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com