Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Hello from Elora, Ontario Canada

Hello everyone,

Joined the forum today, looking forward to members insight and knowledge as I continue with my build. So to begin, I purchased a 1965 Pontiac Lemans, (GTO optioned) about 7 1/2 years ago. It came with original interior, 400 cid out of a '68, Muncie M21 with 3.55:1 rear. Manual brakes and power steering. Was my favorite car, ever, so when I found it on-line, seller was in Maryland, I drove from Ontario to Maryland overnight and took it for a test drive. Knowing it had some issues, body, paint and engine, negotiated price, bought the car and trailered back to Canada. Drove it for the first season without doing anything major, just general maintenance and looked after drivability issues.

While it was in winter storage the first year, pulled the motor and did a refresh on it, as stated earlier, the motor had issues. Once had it apart found that the pistons were installed a half turn out, ended up polishing crank and new bearings seals and gaskets. Replaced rear main seal and went through the M21.

So as not to ramble on too much, decided to go the pro-touring route last fall, had rebuilt my motor twice after spun rod bearings, and wrist pin knock, during the last six years. Did a swap after getting a great deal on an LQ9 built motor with a rebuilt T56 Magnum 6 speed. At the same time I did a complete new wiring harness and Dakota digital dash. Only got to put about 150 miles on the build before it was time for winter storage again. So after getting it out of storage this past April, upgraded the rear to 4.11:1, new rims and tires and finally installed a Viking coil over kit front and rear.

Sorry about the rambling post, but just wanted to do a good introduction. By the way, have about two thousand miles on my build now, and I absolutely love the new setup. Hope to learn as much as I can from the more experienced members.

Attached Images Attached Images              

hello

welcome

I was just up in Fergus for the first time ever last weekend

nice car you have there! would love to see it in person

Hello from kitchener ... I was out Elora way in the fall , bought a new set of rims for my truck.
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Hello from Glen Morris! Love the Elora area, ate my first falafel there, I think I was dating a red head at the time.......

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Glad to have you aboard, Joe. You do nice work!

Country Flag: United States
      Go ahead and ramble on... We don't mind. Glad to have you aboard!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com