Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

FiTech "ECU no response"

I am having trouble getting my FiTech up and running. Ford small block, FiTech EFI, MSD 6. The handheld is working but when I go to initial setup I get "ECU no response". I have a separate wire direct to battery for the +12 volts, the white wire (key) has +12 volts in the on and start position, also tried a separate ground wire from battery to throttle body. The shop that built the motor dyno'd with the FiTech so I am thinking it must be something I have done or not done. Any suggestions?

Do you have the key turned on? You want to turn it on as if to start. Now the unit has power and can talk to the computer.

Bob

Country Flag: United States
      what bishop said. If that's now the fix, call FiTech.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Sometimes the handheld in our car needs unplugged from the EFI to restore communication. Give that a try before you go too far.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Thanks for the help. Got my car running. It was running rich so I adjusted the IAC steps (drivers side screw) down to approx 6, still running rich. I noticed that there are two idle adjustment screws, one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Do I have to adjust both?

Look at your ecu settings before you start messing with the efi. Again, maybe call FiTech.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com