Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Trunk carpeting source for classics?

I may be missing something obvious, but are there sources for trunk carpeting (like modern vehicles) for classics? Finishing up a '71 Formula Firebird that I intend to use regularly and would like something other than the original style rubberized matting. With EFI, AC, bluetooth and other modern updates I thought carpeting the trunk would be a nice every day-liveable detail touch.

Any ideas, or is this the domain of custom install shops (who want to over-do custom built boxes and designs in vinyl)? I just want clean, modern OEM looking carpeting.

Thanks in advance.

Where did you and if you have ordered the interior carpet for your car? If not just order enough extra carpet to finish your trunk. Maybe they will even make one for you.You would just have to talk to them.

The carpeting sources have interior carpet kits and trunk mats (rubber). I'm trying to find pre-fit trunk carpeting kits as I would think there would be a market for such an offering, especially in the pro touring movement. But no luck thus far.

Country Flag: United States
      Install bay sells trunk carpeting... it won't be pre fit but it's textured and colored to match most modern OEM trunk carpets. Some 1/8" fiberboard, a jig saw and some spray glue and you could end up with something simple and nice
      http://theinstallbay.com/subcategory..._AUTO_TRUNKLIN
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

At first I thought you were missing something obvious as I've seen a number of companies offer molded carpet for first gen Camaros. ACC carpet and TMI Products as two I've used before. However, I didn't see anything listed for a 2nd gen...

I would be surprised if you called either company if they couldn't make one for you though.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

I did my own. I made panels carpeted them an put it together. Either of the panels are readily removable.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com