Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Does anyone have a metal garage

Hey guys need more car storage with out breaking the bank. Does any one have those metal garages not a pole barn but the thin sheet metal. I see them posted for pretty reasonable prices. Do they get hot and are they loud during the raining season? Water hitting the thin roof.

1970 TA, 1963 Impala SS vert

My neighbor has a metal building that he uses for his business. It's big. To deal with the issues you mentioned, he had his spray foamed on the inside. If it wasn't for the HOA here, I'd probably have one, too. I like that you can get a wide span with no poles.
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Country Flag: United States
      Yes they are hot. I had mine spray foamed and it made a big difference. Eave vents and ridge vents can help too.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

My dad has one. I would suggest pouring a concrete floor and be sure to use vapor barrier and spray foam as suggested above. He just set his on a leveled crushed stone base to keep his lawn tractors and such. It is always damp in there and on hot humid days, everything is soaking wet in there.
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Definitely will be pouring a slab since I’ll be putting a lift sooner or later. I don’t have a huge property so I’m limited in where I can put it. It’s going to be close to my bedroom windows. I’m worried the rain hitting the roof will be loud. Sounds like the foam spray is a must.
      1970 TA, 1963 Impala SS vert

I have one, Can't say I would really recommend it. It's a pain in the ass every time you want to do anything to the building. I actually built wood walls inside so you can run the wiring and add insulation, and even hang stuff on the walls. If I had it to do over, I think I would do a wood garage.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com