Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Solid State relays

Anyone have a recommendation for 12v solid state relays in the 40A, 50A and 100A range? I want to mirror "switched" 12v distribution points right next to my "always on" 12v distribution points at 4 locations (trunk, under dash, firewall and radiator support. The "always on" distribution points are connected from the battery in the trunk through a 0 gauge cable.

The "switched" distribution points would be a duplicate of the "always on" distribution point but only get power from the adjacent "always on" distribution point when the SSR completes the circuit.

I'm no electrical engineer so hopefully I've explained that well enough to make sense.

Country Flag: United States
      edit - sorry - you said relay this is a circuit breaker

This was on Lat-g (I think) recently:
      2v-digital-circuit-breakers-with-display/" target="_blank">https://www.tracoutdoor.com/shop/electrical-items/12v-digital-circuit-breakers-with-display/

-Bob (66 Nova)

Will something like this work?

Like the smallest fusebox ever- nice, neat and clean!!!

Rowe Electronics PDM60 Power Distribution Module 60AMP, 12VDC

http://www.rowe-electronics.com/wp-c...ual-052213.pdf

· Innovative, fully user programmable power distribution module

· No more replacing blown fuses, tangled wiring, overloaded circuits

· Eliminates potential for current draw related problems

· 6 power circuits - each has a status indicator light telling the user whether the circuit is usable, already in use, or there is a fault in a circuit.

· Connect to auxiliary circuits, aftermarket devices and accessories like driving lights, computers and more

· 60 amps max; programmable circuit limits are as follows: 3/10A, 2/15A and 1/20A

· 12 volts DC

· IP68 rated for harsh environments

· 2" H x 3" W x 0.9" D, very compact, about the size of a business card

· Posi-lock connectors for each circuit, ground trigger and ignition trigger

· One lead per circuit, two trigger wires, main power and ground leads

· Never chase a blown fuse again! If a circuit is shorted or interrupted, simply key off and then on again, all circuits reset.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com