Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Billet filler and cap

Looking to add a billet fuel filler and cap to my 1972 Dodge Dart. The only one I’ve found is with classic industries, and it’s a universal fit - “some fab make be required.”

I got this piece, and while nice, not even close to fitting, so much so that it’s also not worth the fab work necessary to make it work.

Does anyone know of another source, or mfg, or place where they have these available for older cars?? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance....
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States

Quote Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-It View Post

ahmad, thanks for responding. I should have mention Ned that while I got this piece from classic industries, it is in fact from Ridetech.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post

Thanks for responding. I like the design but unfortunately it won’t fit for the same reason. I need a max inner diva of 2.25, so the 2”here works, but unfortunately I need a max dia on the outer cap of 3.5, and thE small version is 3.75. This would require more fab than I’m willing to do on the outer skin tto make it work.

Thanks though!

you may have some luck looking into road bike gas caps then, the variety Is huge but it's often hard to get dimensions.

Someone has suggested that, and while it's a solid idea, the fab work necessary to make it work makes me think that i can just do the same fab work for the ridetech cover. Was hoping that someone out there made one already that fits, but I may have to do the fab no matter what.

Thanks!

Tanks Inc has one also look here... http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd566.htm Not bad priced either..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I have one like the OP posted up on my '68 Camaro and can say that not only does it look good, it functions even better. The original filler neck for my car always caused spillage. This one is perfect and the pump kicks off automatically without such as a drop of gas shooting out.
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Frankly - I wish I could use the ridetech cap as it really looks like a nice piece. Problem is the "hole" in the qtr that the cap needs to fit into is only 3.5" OD, so either the cap needs to get smaller, or the cap will fit far outside the surface of the qtr. I have a buddy with some CNCs and talking to him about trying to make a custom filler that the ridetech cap will work with. Not seeing anything other than stock which will work with little/no fab,

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity111 View Post
      Frankly - I wish I could use the ridetech cap as it really looks like a nice piece. Problem is the "hole" in the qtr that the cap needs to fit into is only 3.5" OD, so either the cap needs to get smaller, or the cap will fit far outside the surface of the qtr. I have a buddy with some CNCs and talking to him about trying to make a custom filler that the ridetech cap will work with. Not seeing anything other than stock which will work with little/no fab,
      The problem is the cap and neck fit together as one piece. If your car needs body work, cut it out and fit it in bro. Would not be hard to make that mod if you can cut, grind and weld. Since it is on the quarter, i'd paint it to match - just my 2 cents
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com