Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New lurker from central CA coast

Hey Folks,

After too many years of messing with too many cars I’m finally down to one single project. Several conversations with myself have convinced me that “Pro Touring” best defines the direction I’ve gone with just about every car I’ve spent modifying in my 42 years of driving. So here I am to learn as much as I can.

I’ve owned literally 70 vehicles. Some fun and some not so fun. My first car ever was a ‘68 Olds 4-4-2. That pretty well cemented my love for muscle. Among the highlights that followed my long zigzag path of owning & modifying cars are a ‘69 Camaro, ‘72 Duster, ‘70 300, ‘65 Corsair Monza, ‘37 Chev coupe, ‘15 SRT Challenger, seven different Corvettes, and two Shelby Cobra replicas.

My current toy, which I’ve only had for a month now, is a ‘68 El Camino SS396. This car has been touched by way too many Bubbas in its 50 years. It’s solid, but literally every single thing about it needs attention on some level. I’m looking forward to restoring and/or improving every part of it over the next several years. And you guys are stuck walking me through several decisions which are yet to be made.

I live on the central CA coast, but hope to relocate to the Tucson area in the next few years.

Thanks for having me,
      Tom.

Welcome to the site, Tom. I've also owned a bunch of Corvettes, Tri-Fives, VW's, musclecars, and El Caminos. One of them was a 68 Elco bought new in Hollister,CA by my uncle, who owned it for 22yrs before selling it to me. If you can't find what you need here, another site to frequent is www.chevelles.com My handle there is Clint44.

I have many relatives in CA, some in Monterey, Hollister, and Bakersfield.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com