Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Here is the thing about on line reviews, you don't know where they came from.

Not saying they are paying for them but that the reviewer may not be knowledgeable enough to offer a real opinion. Imagine a movie review from a person who just saw his first movie. This isn't specific to that shop, it applies to every shop and product that exists.

****edit*** Went and read the goggle reviews.....out of 25 there are only 2 that spoke of actually having work done there. One of them was a Camaro that was painted in a week.......

Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Hey Dkar26, I just came across your post and remembered the pictures when I saw them in the post. I'm glad to hear you got it taken care of, but wanted to make sure to clear up any misconception. This shock did break due to the base contacting the shock mount. Our Level 3 Handling Kit is made to be a bolt-on kit for a car using the original axle. Unfortunately, since there is no standard size/shape of the lower mounting brackets that get welded onto different Ford 9" housings, we cannot make a bracket that fits them all. In some cases, it does require modification to the lower shock mount that we send with the kit. We have no control over how that bracket is modified, and clearance through the travel range does need to be checked with the pinion angle set when doing this.

I have been to Studio Hot Rods a couple times. They do nice work and have a knowledgeable staff. Unfortunately, sometimes hot rodding requires things be done a second time.

Glad to hear that everything has been worked out.
      Bill Foley
      Technical Sales and Support
      [email protected]
      952-985-6371

the owner of SHR owned Cartrige World, sold it then built a hot rod shop.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Quote Originally Posted by dkar26 View Post
      They are called Studio Hot Rods in Richmond, IL. They have a ton of five star reviews.
      They've gotten a lot busier in the recent past and i'm thinking some of their Quality control has fallen off a bit because of their busy-ness.

I know someone who worked there when it first opened. Just like any other shop...QC is dependent upon who is working there (not the shop name). It’s an interesting looking place when I drive by it though. Someone definitely had a lot of money made the investment to start a big shop.

Thank you for the reply. I would hope that they would've caught that when it was first installed. They said they drove it around for several days to test it out but I'm not so sure. As of today, it's doing fine tho

I've dealt with two different guys there that did know how to deal with custom parts, one guy argued with me about the rotation direction on my own brake kits!!!!!!!!! The other didn't understand that because the inner and outer tie rods butted against each other he could not get any toe in setting...about grinding a bit off the end of the tie rods!!
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com