Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Brake bleeding, I cant get it the fronts

Hello all, Im running into an issue, unlike anything before Ive seen. I have a Tuff Stuff 2229NC9' inch booster and the new baer 1" bore remaster(reservoir) with proportioning valve, I bench bled all items, has all new brake lines front and rear, had a very small leak on a line in the rear, fixed it, all of this is on my 1970 Z28, running Baer 6p up front and SS4 in the rear,(yes all 4 bleed valves are on top My issue is when Im bleeding the brakes, the backs bleed as normal works great, the fronts, I get fluid but no pressure, meaning when I open the bleed valve, fluid comes out but very slow and than stops, I have the wife pumping the brakes, and nothing..I put the minivac, nothing..I took the lines off, blew through them and I get air.. I am so perplex'd I took the Baer remaster off, and added a C5 1" reservoir and will test tonight..I am just at a loss.. I hate brakes, would do wiring all day.. but brakes... I HATE THEM I ordered another Booster, just in case as well, I will update this thread as I try stuff till resolved just incase some else has the issue..

any idea are welcomed...

sorry about post title sounding like was drunk.. I was on the damn Iphone..

Kevin

Hi Kevin. I have a Phoenix reverse bleeder you can try if you like.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I might have to give it a try, and I can bring you the Cameo subframe.. Let me try tonight with the C5 reservoir tonight see if I get anywhere..

The booster is not the problem. Without vacuum, it's a straight through push rod. You may have air trapped in the valve. (I never use combo valves) Try this, it's a little messy, but it works. Remove the front brake outlet lines from the valve. "Cork" the outlet holes with your fingers and press in firmly, so that air will not go back in. Wrap your hand, and cover the entire area with towels. Have someone push the pedal down at a medium speed, hold then return. Repeat the pedal stroke until fluid is squirting out past your fingers. (your fingers will act like a one-way valve over the outlet ports) Once you have some pressure building, reconnect the lines and clean up the mess. It's worth a try.

Thanks Rob, I saw this after I swapped the Baer remaster to the C5 resvr. After doing the swap it literally took 10min to bleed all the brakes.. maybe a little longer... Everything worked great. So Im gonna send the remaster back to Baer, have them test it( I know its going to cost me shipping there and back) but I want it back on. I will update this thread once I get it back and put back on.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      The booster is not the problem. Without vacuum, it's a straight through push rod. You may have air trapped in the valve. (I never use combo valves) Try this, it's a little messy, but it works. Remove the front brake outlet lines from the valve. "Cork" the outlet holes with your fingers and press in firmly, so that air will not go back in. Wrap your hand, and cover the entire area with towels. Have someone push the pedal down at a medium speed, hold then return. Repeat the pedal stroke until fluid is squirting out past your fingers. (your fingers will act like a one-way valve over the outlet ports) Once you have some pressure building, reconnect the lines and clean up the mess. It's worth a try.

I’m guessing you overstroked the master while bleeding and bottomed it out, damaging the seal. But I am far from a brake expert....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I talked to Baer, they were awesome, sent me an RMA number and UPS label.. I explained the DSE set up Im using Tuff Stuff 222NC with 7W kit, and the C5 resevr, walked through my steps.. and they thought that was weird. They are gonna get it looked at and make sure its not damaged and or tell me I screwed this up.

I had a similar issue with my Wilwood prop valve when I didn't have the bias set in a neutral setting, I might have accidentally adjusted the knob? I returned it to the recommended setting and had zero problems bleeding after that.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

just an update, Baer is sending me a new unit, they said "There’s a small mark on one of the seals for the front which is the secondary piston unit", So Im getting a new set up.. Baer has been awesome to work with.

Kevin, apologies for dragging up an old thread, but did you ever get resolution on the issue with the Remaster? I've experiencing a very similar problem right now....very little volume getting to the front brakes when bleeding.

In an effort to troubleshoot, I pulled the master cylinder off and put it back in a vice. With both front and rear ports uncapped, and lines run back into the respective reservoirs, the piston has full travel. If I plug the front, with only the rear open, the piston again has full travel. If I plug the rear, and open the front, I only get half the piston travel, which explains the low volume going to the front calipers with the master cylinder installed on the car and the rear calipers fully bled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greg
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com