Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thanks for everyone's input. I called Hotchkis and got their alignment specs and when I took it in found that the alignment I originally had was way off. Could be because I had adjusted the coilovers about an inch. This changed the feel dramatically. I had the subframe connectors welded in and that made a huge difference to the shakey feel and now it goes down the highway at 70 mph no problem and decelerates without shaking. I still feel the front end lifts and I've seen this in a lot of older cars so I think the chin spoiler is next though it isn't something that makes me feel uncomfortable. I will have to get someone else to drive the car while I drive another car and see what is actually happening versus what I percieve to be happening. I think the coils are fine because it goes around corners really flat but I am feeling every pothole. 35 series tires or the shocks. Either way alignment was the big issue.
      I'm just working all the bugs out of this thing. I had to get the tune right and found out the hard way that rear gears apparently need to be broken in. Next I will get the brakes working to their best. Thanks again for the help.

Country Flag: United States
      yeah, the alignment makes a big difference. on my car I feel like I'm now getting the most out of the hotchkis springs. they're actually great springs for performance street use in terms of handling vs ride quality. just seems like the springs' actual capabiltiy were getting short changed before when limited to factory alignment specs.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Country Flag: United States
      Any change in ride height will mess up your toe setting.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

My QA1 convertible has 450lb coils as per their recommendations for car weight. ( Convertible, stock frame, Air Conditioned, SBC w/ 4 speed, heave duty radiator ) and my cocktail shakers are in place.
      Be aware that adding the cocktail shakers will be like adding 75 pounds to your front bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com