Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

65-66 mustang fastback price

First post so I hope this is the best section to ask. I've been looking for a 65-66 mustang fastback for a while and I see prices all over the place, a wide enough margin that leaves me confused on what is actually a good price for say mostly stripped roller to good condition original. Not really counting the super high end builds I've seen prices of $10-$15k for a stripped roller, most needing nearly all metal replaced, that seems crazy high to me but maybe I just don't know the market. But I've also seen a few really nice stock style to light restomod for restored for around $30k.

Can anyone give me a realistic price range please.

Also am I crazy to think I can build one with modern drive train and suspension for under/ around $30k, doing whatever I can do myself and having a friend or pay to do things I can't, like welding new suspension. I'm pretty sure I can manage anything that bolts in.

Country Flag: United States
      $10 to $15k as a roller with usually no motor or trans is what I see them go for here in California. You'll be money ahead if you can find one south of $30k already together running and driving.

You can also buy a regular coupe and convert it to a fastback but the sheet metal alone are about $6k after shipping plus all the labor to do the conversion. Plus the purchase price of the coupe.

But like I said, if you have the coin it be better to buy a quality stock running one and do upgrades.
      Ahmad B.

*double post dont know how to delete*

Quote Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-It View Post
      $10 to $15k as a roller with usually no motor or trans is what I see them go for here in California. You'll be money ahead if you can find one south of $30k already together running and driving.

You can also buy a regular coupe and convert it to a fastback but the sheet metal alone are about $6k after shipping plus all the labor to do the conversion. Plus the purchase price of the coupe.

But like I said, if you have the coin it be better to buy a quality stock running one and do upgrades.

Thanks for the reply, I'm kinda torn between $10 to $15k for a roller or $25 to $30k for a stock one that I can at least drive a bit now. The stock ones just worry me that once I am able to do some upgrades to it I'll find tons or rust or repairs hidden. The end goal is a Coyote swap and whatever I need along with that to make it safe and reliable, better brake and stuff, don't care about a show car thats so nice I'd be scared to drive it. Just want the modern engine reliability and the much better than 8-10 mpg we use to get in my friend 66 back when I was young enough not to worry about it.

The fact that these cars seem to be going for alot more than I remember 10-15 years ago I've thought about just getting the roller, get all rust taken car of, epoxy seal it and put it out at my in laws until get everything or close to everything.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com