Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm in a Minneapolis suburb and I'm seeing a lot of the same at car shows. As in, same old, same old. Similar to what a lot of you have been saying /seeing.
      Full-on restos, mild customs, 80's throwbacks (Cragars, stinkbug stance), and MAYBE a couple PT wannabes with the 18's and red calipers. Purpose-built PT cars/trucks? Nope.

My take is that the "real" PT cars (other than the big-buck pro builds) are being built to be driven and enjoyed, not shown.
      Not that you can't or couldn't show most of them, it's just that most would rather spend weekends at the track or road-tripping and not in a lawn chair or cruising a fairgrounds.

I'm "up north" of MPLS about 150 miles. My builds have been semi- pro tour. LS engines, bigger brakes, typically C5 all around and updated suspension components. Not new after market frame type builds. No real pro tour builds around here. Some very nice street rods and restored muscle cars. Lot's of semi-restored cars from years past restorations.
      The only really pro touring gathering is at the Oreillys Street Machine Nationals in July. Many run the autocross. Some are quite fast. They are from all over the upper mid-west.

I'm from the Seattle area and don't see many purpose built pro touring cars in this area. There are a lot of restmod type cars and drag race style cars. I think most people want a car that has better handling,braking and comfort than what what they had from the factory but don't want to live with a borderline road race car everyday.

I recently went to a major Corvette event in the Midwest with four figures worth of Corvettes present from all generations....and only saw two frame-swapped, LS’d legit PT cars, both of which were in vendors’ booths. I think we’re so wrapped up in what we like that it’s hard to remember how uncommon—and amazing—what we do really is.

Not too many in North Arizona, if any at all. The current quest seems to be rat rods and or the quest for a resto mod which one can flip and make more money. There are a lot of drag racers who make the trip to Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson and Cali to run in the quarter mile. I have more friends and acquaintances with dragsters than anything resembling a P/T rig. Old trucks are hot right now too and there are a few guys doing it right, but most just lower and bag it. Not that lowering and bagging is wrong, it is what it is.

I think there is plenty of room for growth and I see a bunch of really cool rides passing through, being driven as the tours go through old Route 66. There were three Panteras at a car show in Winslow last month and they all drove in. There are lots of the new Camaros, Stangs, Challengers and Vettes passing through. Many with the "look" but not too much on upgrading the brakes. They want to sound "V 8" and look good. I am sure many drive very well, but not too many are P/T.

But, I think there is some interest gaining in areas like the "Flying Mile" or half mile. Somebody had one on the east side of the state and I missed it, but I am hearing some interest in those type of speed events.

Not to reopen the great definition arguement. But you don't need $15,000+ suspension to be considered pro touring. Some of ya'll are looking for unicorns.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Not to reopen the great definition arguement. But you don't need $15,000+ suspension to be considered pro touring. Some of ya'll are looking for unicorns.
      I barely have $15k in my whole car. but then, I have fabricated a lot of stuff others would buy.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Here in the Netherlands we have a decent amount of pro-touring cars... at every larger meeting you will see a few. Since it's a small country a lot of the guys know each other. We don't have autoX events and the few that run their car on the track use open track days for that.
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com